Ipswich Murders

Twerto

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Although, violence can often be a representation of the sexual act in these cases. Quite possibly the attacker is unable or unwilling to have sex and this is the result.

Having said that he's (they're?) clearly frooty loops or every married man in the country would be out slaughtering prostitutes!

It's easy to specualte on the reasoning behind such awful crimes but I guess until the killer is caught we won't know the actual motive. Even then it may not be entirely clear.

Don't get me started on the bloody news! They were interviewing a pathologiest about the motivation, etc, the other day on ITV lunchtime, askinghis opinion on the guy. Someone shoulkd have tolfd them theyd stopped at the wrong "P" in the expert dictionary. Only patients he ever has lying down are on a slab, not a couch and dont talk back! I mean what sort of information does that give to folk? Answer - what the media want to give, and what will sell papers or turn folk on to their programmes. They should be ashames of themsleves. how long before they track down the families and shove cameras in their faces asking them asinine questions likle "How do you feel now?" "What do you want to happen?" etc etc. instead of having the compassion to leave them a shred of dignity and privacy. Parasites, almost all of them. They love this sort of thing, makes their careers while it wrecks other folks lives. We're getting more and more amerciacnised about news here these last few years and its NOT a good thing, in myh humble opinion. THATS why there are so many misquotes etc in each of these big high profile cases, its the media filling innblanks, adding two and two to make twenty five! Speculation + assumption + rumour = fact in their book.

Phew! Rant over... for now. 8O :roll:

Sorry you lost me with the bit about taxpayers money. :?:

I agree about people, but a lot of opinions are dictated or spoonfed by media (supoosedly objective and unbiased - choke!). Thtas why i dont buy tabloiuds and never will, nor do i watch most of the telly news especially not the beeb. I read most of my intake online these days and THINK about what i read (as i am sure a lot of folk do, but the amount of times ive hgeard folk quoting s##t from the tabloids back to me as "fact" is just no canny!!)

A topic for another thread methinks. I ve said my bit about their interference and pernicius nature here in this particular case (the murders)already.

what annoys me is that if they hadn't just been murdered any newspaper describing these women would be less "...she was a lovely girl, kind hearted, popular..." and more "...dirty disgusting junkie whores, a sickening visual reminder of the moral bankrupcy upstanding brits like us just will not tolerate... won't someone please think of the children...!"

I worked for a newspaper for a number of years and the newsroom was normally full of young reasonably educated youngsters, but it was sad to see how they revelled in death and destruction, each of them wanting to get their story on the front page. There was an all too thin veneer of sympathy for the victims.

The ripple would go through to advertising and newspaper sales departments and customers were actively encouraged to advertise if the story was happening early enough in the week, in that edition. It was always put over in a "isn't it terrible, but" manner so that the customer could see the benefit of advertising that week.

Sales people have targets to keep their jobs or get bonus. Newspaper sales departments also have targets and they have to achieve those targets or get hauled over the coals.

When my step-daughter was raped, I went to the editor and asked him to deal with the story in a gentle way. He was a good mate until the point that he put the story on the front page under a huge headline. It was the hottest story that week so it went on the front page. It would help the sales of the newspaper, the ABC (circulation figures) and the advertising revenue.

I still get frustrated when I read stories that start, Mollie Smith, 67, speaking from her council house..... in a story that has nothing to do with the woman's age or the type of accommodation that Mollie lives in. The media are the absolute worst for keeping stereotypes alive in a country that is finally beginning to accept the value of individuals.

At last... a topic where someone agrees with me(I think!) Never forget a nincident from a few years ago where a woman was murdered and the Sun's headline was "Tart killed..." (cant remember the rest). I am no jokingh either. They have a recognised policy of grabbing your eye with a banner otherwise they think you wont read teh story and in their paper theyre probably dead right! Lets see how they traet this unbelievable tragedy with these lassise, who lets remember are someones daughter/sister/mother even. :!: :cry:

I am a great believer in free speech, but as you say this is someone's relative.

The papers will handle the story in a way that maximises their circulation and revenue and sod anyone else's feelings.

The man that ran the newspaper for which I worked had a personal fortune in excess of £50m, but the number one priority was to take over other newspaper companies and sack the staff to cut costs and make more money. One of the offices was ued as a stepping stone to the national media, in particular the Sun. The only things that mattered was how much was made, but more important how much could be saved.

It's good to see their advertising revenue to more effective advertising mediums such as the net.

So, why was the "missing unst man" thread closed, but the murdered Ipswich sex workers are OK to discuss? Just curious.

I think the concensus there, crofter, was that there are no subsequent facts to discuss in the Unst man thread. He went missing, the police are investigating.......and that's all that can be said without drifting into pointless speculation. If you are more than curious you can PM a moderator or email admin with any aspect to the thread that you can see as being more than speculative.