Spiritualists in Shetland

jps

I have heard that there are sometimes spiritualist church services held at the freefield centre in Lerwick.

These seem to be few and far between though,so I was wondering are there any other spiritualists in Shetland ? and if there are is there any other meeting places I havent heard of, or does anyone know when the next meeting will be held in Lerwick.

Cheers Jim

• 3 weeks later...

Yes Jim, there are people in Shetland who are Spiritualists, and yes, when there is a visiting medium, public demonstrations are held in Freefield.

There are currently no resident mediums up here.

Demos are very well attended, with new faces every time, as well as many regulars.

There is a local group which meets monthly, if you are genuinely interested?

Mogling

• 9 years later...

Hi KDreamer, not entirely sure what is happening at the moment...

The Church was in danger of folding completely- the same

few Committee members been running everything for years

in need of a well-deserved break.

There was a plan for some previous members to try

and run things for a bit, but been problems with personal illness and

family commitments.

There was a Medium up a few weeks ago I think?

will pm you

Karen

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there , 

I was born and bred in Shetland and been very spiritually aware my whole life. I have seen many mediums at Freefield and even became part of a closed circle in Shetland for a couple years . It came to the point however that i had to travel south to further my spiritual journey, and it has been a eventful journey indeed. I have been honoured to meet the late great Mr Len Lobban among many other of the greats , had many visits to both Kingswells and Stanstead. For the past 4 - 5 years i have been travelling the UK & Ireland demonstrating mediumship at various spiritualist churches and it has been a wonderful journey. My point is not to boost my ego but rather to say that the time has come for me to return home where i really do hope that i can fulfil my personal goal to give a demonstration of mediumship to a Shetland crowd. Shetland bound 2017 ..... best get looking for accommodation haha , lots of love to one and all :)

• 2 months later...

Hi there , 

I was born and bred in Shetland and been very spiritually aware my whole life. I have seen many mediums at Freefield and even became part of a closed circle in Shetland for a couple years . It came to the point however that i had to travel south to further my spiritual journey, and it has been a eventful journey indeed. I have been honoured to meet the late great Mr Len Lobban among many other of the greats , had many visits to both Kingswells and Stanstead. For the past 4 - 5 years i have been travelling the UK & Ireland demonstrating mediumship at various spiritualist churches and it has been a wonderful journey. My point is not to boost my ego but rather to say that the time has come for me to return home where i really do hope that i can fulfil my personal goal to give a demonstration of mediumship to a Shetland crowd. Shetland bound 2017 ..... best get looking for accommodation haha , lots of love to one and all  :)

• 8 months later...

Hi all, 

I am recently settling into this awesome Shetland lifestyle.

I am a 'trainee' Shaman (lol). I practice and teach meditation and Reiki, (an ancient art of healing that is practised openly and frequently in India and China and now being recognised by the medical and scientific communities around the world). 

Anyway, I hope to perhaps meet up with like minded folk for the sake of social interaction and stuff......lol.