Christmas songs

Fjool

Since Christmas is a time for crappy, over-played music I thought I'd share this nugget. The original is actually a pretty good pair of songs but Mr. Hopkinson's Computer has a fairly good go at it too:

http://www.myspace.com/theaudrey3000

[Fairytale of New York]

Worth a lol.

(Main site: http://www.computersings.com/ )

I'll wait til I ain't at work...but on the topic of acceptable Christmas songs -

The Vandals - Oi! to the World

The Ramones - Merry Christmas (I don't want to fight tonight)

The Ramones - Something to Believe In - not a Christmas song really, but has a Christmas feel to it

Definitely the Pouges

Agree - Fairy Tale of New York still gives me The Shiver sometimes.

I also like the Beatles' "Xmas Time Is Here Again" - a 1minute long b-side that ends amusingly with Lennon speaking faux-scots gibberish over the strains of Auld Lang syne...

Fairytale Of New York for me too. :D

That song is something special.......gets my vote.

Special? yea i agree. I was chatting to a pal on Saturday after a few bottles o wine and they said they were kina sick o it. I have to listen to radio1 all day at work but i have to say i fookin love that tune, never got sick of it get yet. There is loads o xmas crappy / cheesy tunes but when i go home and spend it in shetland the cd that is played in our house is Phil Spectro's Christmas Album

That sound track and the five o us trying to play Trival Purist, is xmas to me. Not about pressies or anything. just family and good tunes and the smell o the real tree!

Canna wait.. dinner time flight on Wednesay

Best Christmas album of recent times for me is: 'We Three Kings' by The Roches (1990) ... classic Christmas songs simply produced, with glorious family harmonies ...

As it says on the sleeve, 'The Roches came into being one Christmas season on the streets of New York City singing these very songs. And every year when the hassles and tensions of Christmas set in, we rediscover the joyful, peaceful spirit of Christmas through these carols.'

So these songs are at the very roots of what the sisters do best ...

Still time to get a copy from Amazon:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/We-Three-Kings-Roches/dp/B000009V0M

As a rule, I dislike xmas music

Stick some sleigh bells on it, mention mistletoe to or santa in the lyrics and make a video with some faux snow. A sure fire festive hit

I was once unfortunate enough to work in an establishment which played the standard 20 xmas songs on a loop all day and it did me heed reet in. If I here Noddy Holder shouting "iiiiiiiiiiiit's Chriiiiiiiissstmaaaaaaassss" again I'll, I'll........

Ha bumhug

Hang on, that song Cliff Richard did with the lyrics from the lords prayer over the tune for Auld Lang Syne was pretty good. And mistletoe and wine

As a rule, I dislike xmas music

Stick some sleigh bells on it, mention mistletoe to or santa in the lyrics and make a video with some faux snow. A sure fire festive hit

Im sure you hate xmas music enough.. but just incase you are in doubt.. watch this..