GP's book stirs holy row

JustMe

Because someone there had already deemed any mention of Allah's being a moon-god "creepy and offensive," the Northmavine community forum moderator, Pat, deleted all the posts that told the truth about Allah's being a moon-god or, one might add, otherwise supported Dr. Mick Russon.

Not quite correct - I think a passing examination of near east religions of antiquity will indicate that worship of the babalonyian moon god was pre Mohammedan. The symbolism persists, of course, but I would have expected anyone with such a fervent attachment to biblical pronouncements to have a greater regard for literalism.

In terms of the Bibles imperatives to homicide - I'm not well versed in that particular tome - but it does appear that it's rhetoric has been invoked by everyone from the Inquisition to the Crusaders to the Lord's Resistance Army - Although I'm perfectly sure that any responsible Christian would take the view that their piety was less than perfect - as would any self respecting Muslim in regard to the antics of Al Quaida and their various derivatives.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mr Natan,

Thank you for amply illustrating my points for me. Any "god" who has to hold sway and inspire piety and devotion through fear of the "calamities" he will otherwise visit on humanity (or perhaps will do it anyway, in his perversity?), is not much of a god worth bothering with and seems closer to the Abyss and darkness than the Heavens and the light.

I DON'T have a problem with Yahweh, Allah, the Buddha, Vishnu, Christianity or even Malak Taus. Heck, I don't even have a problem with Lucifer, as he was first born from God's infinite love and light (he WAS the first archanger after all, which means if he became evil, then the seed was planted or came from God, surely?!) I HAVE a problem with people shoving their beliefes down my throat, telling me that me and mine are damned unless I believe as they do - or else! That's not worship, it's fear as a means to power created by the small men to gain power over their brothers and sisters.

I will NOT accept your salvation and will carry on living my life as I have done these last few years since I began accepting responsibility for my place in the world (already described). If that is not good enough for you or your god, then we won't be sharing the same final place of rest, and I for one won't miss the company of either of you.

As I stated, and as YOU ignored, you clearly have strong issues with Islam and display a shocking intolerance, ignoranc and bigotry to your fellow man and woman that does you no credit whatsoever. To paint an entire culture and belief system as devil worshippers is heinous to say the least. Words and ideas - whether written or spoken - are the sparks that can ignite flames of hatred in the minds of those susceptible to them. I pray to whatever god may exist that your words find no followers and fall on stony ground. I will also pray that folk such as you find wisdom before you condemn yourself to the pit which, with your words, you have kept stoked for others you deem less worthy than yourself. (Sending "Muslims to invade Europe and the UK just as he send the Arabs to punish the O.T. Hebrews"? Sir, now your colours are revealed for all to see. Your racism and bigotry offends me and any god worth following. :( )

And if your god chooses to "exercise his options" (another thinly veiled threat of what may happen to any non-believer at the hands of your god? What, will he slay my first born to teach ME a lesson?! Drown the world because I take issue with your perverted views?!) I will still choose to exercise mine and live without fear of such a bloodthirsty deity. Your threats hold no sway over me or mine, Mr Natan, I suggest you turn elsewhere for support for your "crusade".

Allahisamoongod, given that the purpose of this thread was to discuss the local GP and his inappropriate propaganda, perhaps you would care to discuss your religion in one of the other threads in this forum, there is one on creationism vs evolution and one on religion in general. Please feel free to ask if you have difficulty finding them.

On this topic, i feel obliged to ask how it is that you 'know' that the GP in question would not treat non-christians (in particular muslims) any different to christians. After all, you do and most of the christians i know do.

As a measure of this attitude of 'positive bigotry', i had dealings some years ago with a practising Baptist who was eventually was asked to leave his church after many years of adultery and was only asked to leave because he was having two affairs concurrent with his marriage, as opposed to the singular affairs that were known of for some years. Given that he was a practising christian for many years, would you have defended him too?

And to address one of my personal outrages at the teachings of your version of christianity, would you also care to defend Cortez? Or perhaps the Inquisition? How many souls were saved in comparison to material profit acquired? Treat this as rhetoric in this topic if you like, but i'm sure you can understand the allusion to the original subject.

Some man with far more sense than me said let us pray for satan as if hes the arch offender does he not deserve our prairs and understanding? Thats what satan is "understanding". No wonder he was caste down as i would hate to be god and have my subjects having understanding, what a a pain.

Or as Voltaire said, religion was ,founded when the first scoundrel met the first fool....

Njugle, on re-reading this thread, I was struck by something said by AIAMG/Natan that struck a chord.

First there was Genghis the Khan, then Attila the Hun, Ivan the Terrible and now, worst of all, proof indeed that the End of Days has come...

For as the good book said...

"Know, oh prince, that between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the gleaming cities, and the years of the rise of the Sons of Aryas, there was an Age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world like blue mantles beneath the stars--Scalloway, Yell, Nesting, Delting, Unst with its dark-haired women and towers of spider-haunted mystery, Quarff with its chivalry, Aith that bordered on the pastoral lands of Bixter, Burra with its shadow-guarded tombs, Bressay whose riders wore steel and silk and gold. But the proudest kingdom of the world was Zetland, reigning supreme in the dreaming west. Hither came Njugle, the Moderator, black-haired, sullen-eyed,sword in hand, a thief, a reaver, a boozer, with gigantic melancholies and gigantic mirth, to tread the jeweled thrones of the Earth under his sandalled feet."

Bow your heads in awe and terror as his mighty hordes sweep across the web, wielding their mighty (s)words, carried on their faithful and battle trained Shetland ponies. 8O

Sorry, wrong pills. Ahem. I'll get me coat... :oops:

I cannot respond to anymore posts on this subject because the moderator has given his warning, but I hope he allows this wrap-up response.

Yahveh has no need of WhoDat's worship that he needs to cojole it with threats. He is merely laying all the card on the table for everyone to see. Is he supposed to hide the future from WhoDat so WhoDat does not wrongly surmise that Yahveh is trying to force WhoDat to worship him? Anyway, Yahveh though it was worth running the risk of informing WhoDat of the truth despite what WhoDat would say.

Since Yahveh upholds the Universe by his will and everyone's life, that means things will not continue as they are now, and the time of grace will end for everyone. Then he must set things in proper order. Those who believe x go here, and those that believe y go there. It is as simple as that. If WhoDat wants to take that as some form of threat from God, so be it. Nevertheless, WhoDat has no right to expect that God will continue to uphold the universe to WhoDat's liking.

I cannot respond to anymore posts on this subject because the moderator has given his warning

I think Njugle was just trying to keep the thread on topic (i.e. Dr Russon's suspension, rather than the finer points of religion).

Here's links to a couple more threads you may be interested in allahisamoongod

Religion

Creationist vs Evolutionary theory

AIAMG,

Thanks for that. Your stunning and persuasive eulogy has lifted the darkness from mine eyes and I can see! Lordy! Lordy! I am saved! Allelujah! :roll: 8O

Tell you what, it's nice to know that Yahveh's speaking to you and telling you all this about me! Wow! You have a hotline to the Big Fella! That's YOU saved then. Us lowly godless trolls will just carry on our merry way without espousing hatred or intolerance for our fellow men and women, while quitely doing our best to love our neighbours and - in the process - beat you and yours' swords back into the ploughshares they should be.

I wish you well. I think you need all the kind thoughts you can get.

:?

I cannot respond to anymore posts on this subject because the moderator has given his warning, but I hope he allows this wrap-up response.

Truth is truth whether we argue in circles or get to the point.

Tell the truth now AIAMG, i never said you should desist. As peeribryan says i lightly gripped the tiller.

Three threads, three debates, feel free to engage in any of them.

whodat: :lol: You do realise i will add that piece to my CV now :lol: In fact i may even have a pamphlet printed. :wink: Priceless.

Victim of my own strange imagination, I cannot now shake the image of a horde of hairy arsed tanked up Jarl Squad members galloping crazily on Shetland ponies, with the setting sun and longboat burning in the background! Strange the way the mind works as you get old.

Nowt to do with Dr Russon and his ill-advised pamphlet though.

Well having listened to the debate so far I have decided that perhaps the issues raised meant that the good Doctor should not practice in Hillswick for the moment but I am convinced that his time could have been used in the Lerwick Health Centre on the understanding that no patient would be "forced" to see him. As it is we are wasting money and skills that could have been put to good use........always assuming Dr. Russon agreed with the plan.

Never in my life have I seen such a blatant get out clause! I dont really see myself mourning your absence AIAMG.

Wish I could say it's been good knowing you!

Never in my life have I seen such a blatant get out clause! I dont really see myself mourning your absence AIAMG.

Wish I could say it's been good knowing you!

Indeed. He's shuffled back to whence he came with his own happy understanding that everyone around him is a cretin and he is "saved" through his own interpretation of religious belief.

What a wholey reprehensible character!

I was reading an interesting book last night which observed that one patient began hearing the voice of God in his teens - at the same time he developed Temporal Lobe Epilepsy.

Perhaps AIMG should drop by the practice for a checkup when/if the doctor is reinstated...