GP's book stirs holy row

JustMe

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the main problem with religion arises when people start talking about their beliefs with other people. Everyone has their own take. Nobody has the right to insist their take is better than anyone elses.

The best course of action is to listen to someone's beliefs and leave it at that.

It's like discussing who your favourite comedian is in the pub. The moment you try and insist that Eddie Izzard is in fact funnier than Ricky Gervais is the moment you come to blows with your best pal who thinks the exact opposite. One makes you laugh more, the other makes your pal laugh more. Why? Who knows. It's just another of the great mysteries of life. Leave it at that.

Hi,

Just for the benefit of the forum members, Yoel Natan who masquerades as Allahisamoongod, has been refuted at this website which he conveniently forgets to mention:

http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Quran/Sources/Allah/moongod.html

The same person/source Yoel uses to say Allah was the moon god also says Yahweh is a moon god too and is a part of the Yahweh – Ba‘al – ‘Aštart triad. Yoel has also misrepresented the evidence and is unfamiliar to contemporary scholarship dealing with the archaeological issues.

This is what happens when you write a book using the internet as your primary source.

What makes this situation particularly ironic is that he is a messianic Jew.

Kind regards,

David.

Njugle,

Actually, this "David" is from Islamic Awareness (A-I), and he cut and pasted one message on three of my posts saying they are still awaiting a response to I-A's tiny critique of books they did on 19 Dec 2006 or thereabouts. Here's one of the three posts: http://yoelnatanbooks.blogspot.com/2007/01/why-dr-mick-russon-was-set-upon-he.html

Scroll down to the other posts where the same message is posted.

He says I used the internet as a primary source, but my bibliography section is a dozen pages long, nearly all books, and all are found in the footnotes. One can see the bibliography here (pp. 1144-1156):

http://books.google.com/books?q=%22Also+see+the+Other+References+section+under+Abbreviations%22&btnG=Search+Books

Anyway, as I type this I sit beside the shelving unit with 11 feet worth of books I used to write Moon-o-theism.

As to my reply to A-I, it is coming but I'm trying to finish two other writing projects first--this week. Patience they need. It hasn't even been a month since they posted their tiny critique.

Yoel Natan

----

"David" posted to my blog 3 times:

Yoel,

We are still waiting on your response to http://www.islamic-awareness.org/Quran/Sources/Allah/moongod.html.

It seems you beleive that Yahweeh was a moon god.

How unfortunate.

Excellent, we have a pair of nutgod mooners bleating about moomin for tat intricacies of something or other. Lets stick with the thread please!

Trout (the Philistine!)

[edit]

In addition to my above post.

Now that you two are on an even keel, please note:

I cannot respond to anymore posts on this subject because the moderator has given his warning

I think Njugle was just trying to keep the thread on topic (i.e. Dr Russon's suspension, rather than the finer points of religion).

Here's links to a couple more threads you may be interested in allahisamoongod

Religion

Creationist vs Evolutionary theory

Dearie me, I have missed the last few posts here through illness. Are the children still fighting? Can't Trout or the absolute dictator Njugle the Moderator not send them to the naughty step?

What is really unfortunate about this whole affair is how it has highlighted how willing people are to label others, regardless of their personal knowledge of them. Bandwagons are started, people are quoted or misquoted or used as figureheads for the hate figures in the shadows. Then they point the finger, wind others up and use then label to provoke and incite fear and intolerance. It happens on every side of every conflict, so don't say it does not.

I realise it is unlikely this would happen here in Shetland, but see how a thread in a forum in Shetland has come to the attention of two persons with agendas of their own - one in particular with a shameful motive, who has damned himself by his own inflamatory words? I was pleased to see the amount of negative responses his posts received. It gladdened my old heart.

Strip back the skin and still the tongue, we all look the same, you know.

Learn to live with each other, before there is another war - or perhaps it has already begun - and many many more naive and innocent die in the names of your God (the same one, with different names!). Had he not (according to your own books) given us free will, he would surely have stopped you by now, or turned away in shame and sorrow and, perhaps, disgust. :cry: Your teachings (both of you!) say that Humanity was his finest creation, to whom he gave the gift of a soul. I would say that those who preach intolerance and hatred have given up part of that soul. And that sorrows me.

Here endeth the lesson. :wink:

WhoDat,

So let me get this straight. After you scoff at the God of the Old Testament you are sick in bed for 10 days? Sounds like the God of O.T. went biblical on you. I'm just sayin':

So I will cast her on a bed of suffering, and I will make those who commit adultery with her suffer intensely, unless they repent of her ways (Rev 02:22)

You will suffer the penalty for your lewdness and bear the consequences of your sins of idolatry. Then you will know that I am the Sovereign LORD" (Eze 23:49)

Perhaps when the people of Judah hear about every disaster I plan to inflict on them, each of them will turn from his wicked way; then I will forgive their wickedness and their sin (Jer 36:03)

"Therefore, O house of Israel, I will judge you, each one according to his ways, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent! Turn away from all your offenses; then sin will not be your downfall. Rid yourselves of all the offenses you have committed, and get a new heart and a new spirit. Why will you die, O house of Israel? For I take no pleasure in the death of anyone, declares the Sovereign LORD. Repent and live! (Eze 18:30-32).

As long as you are breathing, there's still time to repent and be saved. Go to a good Protestant church to hear the Law and Gospel.

SCOTTISH STATUTORY INSTRUMENTS

2006 No. 90

PUBLIC HEALTH

The Prohibition of Smoting in Certain Premises (Scotland) Regulations 2006

Made 28th February 2006

Coming into force at 0600 hours on 26th March 2006

As of this hour and date it will become an offence to smote in public areas as defined in the legislation. Any smoting therein will not be considered acceptable and may require exclusion from said public area. Smoters remain free to smote within their own premises or in public areas not stipulated in the regulations. Smoting areas may be provided by proprieters of stipulated properties under strict guidelines of construction and usage.

Ahem, but seriously, i see not through divine eyes and seek not to judge, lest i be judged myself. The man who claims to know the mind of God bears false witness as no mortal can touch the void. The man who revels in the suffering of others is as unfamiliar to God as his words are to stone.

Pause for reflection, sectarian. :wink:

Sorry to diabuse you AIAMG, but I have survived cancer and am clear. A touch of winter flu laid me up (at my age that happens, God or no God, you pompous ass!) for three days, the rest I spent with my grandchildren, rather than read your noxious prattlings. Sorry for getting my priorities wrong. :roll:

It strikes me that the big C would have been the ideal opportunity for any "vengeful" god to take me and send me wherever. Seems he spared me. Hmmm. No doubt it was a divine plan to punish me by encountering you. :lol:

As for your quotes, anyone can interpret any writings to their own twisted ends. Proof is Mr Hamza, et al, taking a holy scripture (to muslims, not - obviously - to you, bigot) and turning young men into mass killers.

(By the way, is that the same god who saved Noah? As in the Flood myth that the Hebrews took from the Sumerians? About Atrahasis/Utnapishtim? Quoted in the Epic of Gilgamesh (amongst others), circa - depending on whether you go with Woolley or Mallowan - 17th or 28th century B.C.? Or is that too some Muslim/Christian plot to annoy and upset you & your vengeful god? (who sounds more like Ba'al to me, with all that slaughter and sacrifice!)

While I came to terms with my cancer and then recovered (a long & slow process, as any sufferer will tell you), I did a lot of self analysis and did my best to examine the darkest wee corners of my soul. Not through fear of any vengeful god, but out a fear that I might leave this world worse off by some act I had committed than when I entered it. I suggest you do some self analysis and consider the same. If that fails, you might benefit from paying someone to do it for you.

I have no intention of further debating with you at this time. You are clearly an intransigent, intolerant, hatefilled and ultimately deluded fool, believing yourself as "chosen" and better than others merely because of the title you give to your self-maligned deity. Your breed of blind hatred is an insult to the Judeo-Christian faith. You have my pity, and those who suffer you have my sympathy.

You make any foolishness on the part of the Dr pale into insigificance.

PS, For reference:-

"After, for seven days and seven nights,

The flood had swept over the land,

And the huge boat had been tossed about by the windstorms on the great waters,

Utu came forth, who sheds light on heaven and earth,

Ziusudra opened a window on the huge boat,

The hero Utu brought his rays into the giant boat."

- Sumerian clay tablet, late 17th century BC

EPIC OF GILGAMESH

"For six days and seven nights

The wind blew, flood and tempest overwhelmed the land;

When the seventh day arrived the tempest, flood and onslaught

Which had struggled like a woman in labor, blew themselves out.

The sea became calm, the imhullu-wind grew quiet, the flood held back.

I looked at the weather; silence reigned,

For all mankind had returned to clay...

I opened a porthole and light fell upon my cheeks..

Areas of land were emerging everywhere

The boat had come to rest on Mount Nimush."

- Assyrian version, 7th century BC

And it's far too long to burden others with here, so I shall merely say, Genesis, Ch 6-8 (the King James version).

Any fool can quote, see? (I am not qualified to say whether or not I am one, as I am biased on the matter, no doubt you have your views on that, which will be holier and more important than mine! :roll: )

And, with respect to the mighty Njugle the Moderator, put that in your pipe and smote it! :wink:

From WhoDat's angry writings, one can see why in in one century the atheists managed to kill many times more people than religious folks ever did. With the atheists it was calculated killing, too, and not misguided crimes of passion. See: The Black Book of Communism

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Book_of_Communism

The only way WhoDat could leave the world a better place is if he converted to Christianity, since being an atheist is awful and has a negative influence on everything.