Rangers new manager

mon-e-whitedale

I think if I'd prefer anyone to be a bit more upfront and honest it's the reporters. How many times do they feed answers to managers/players? And how many times would you like to see a journalist ask Blair or Bush real questions?

Just realised that in this thread I'm actually sticking up for Chick Young. Never thought I'd see the day.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think if I'd prefer anyone to be a bit more upfront and honest it's the reporters.

There is certainly scope for a bit more realism. What does Chick expect Smith to say in that interview?

"Yes, my players were crap. And, thats my fault, I spent millions on them and now I'm going to have to spend tens of millions more to progress in Europe."

Its that or the sterile drivel I was talking about before, something like:

"You can't blame individual players, its a team game. We win as a team and we lose as a team. The team will need to perform better next time."

Just realised that in this thread I'm actually sticking up for Chick Young. Never thought I'd see the day.

I've always said that deep-down inside everyone is a Rangers fan, they just might not know it. Its good to see your moment of reckoning is here. Let us unite brother, and, under our new leader, we shall fight the for the cause together :wink:

I thought this was a family forum?

Posting that image in a football thread could lead some young innocent mind to conclude that Aberdeen and football are in some way linked. Such a misconception can only lead to a life of misery and disappointment :wink:

....back on topic, it looks like David Taylor has grown some balls and some brains.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/r/rangers/6233237.stm

Yep. Either Wattie Smith sees out his contract, or we get Rangers to pay a stupid amount of money to release him from it.

Where should Scotland look after Smith?

The obvious candidates are Alex McLeish, Joe Jordan, Tommy Burns, Davie Moyes and Billy Davies.

I would think that Moyes, Jordan and Davies would be unwilling to jack in their jobs at their respective clubs. Tommy Burns shouldn't be near the Scotland squad (I blame him for the Berti Vogts shambles as much as I blame Berit Vogts).

McLeish is would likely be the bookies choice.

Smith and McCoist will be there by the start o nixt week.

Celtics youth team coach Kenny McDowall has also jumped ship to da Teddy Bears. Whats your views on this?

dunno what mcdowall is playin at, why is he leaving celtic when the league is in the bag and possible scottish cup? surely he would get winners medals being one of the coaches, instead he is going to a team that is gonna win nowt :lol:

Smith and McCoist will be there by the start o nixt week.

Celtics youth team coach Kenny McDowall has also jumped ship to da Teddy Bears. Whats your views on this?

Its a non event signing.

Third in comand of Celtic reserve and youth set-up to the rangers dugout along with Durrant. Man they will be quaking now. Surely the Murray Mint can do better than that?

PS. Celtic had already taken on John Park from Hibs (the man who has taken through all these yuong players) to help with their new training comlpex at Lennoxtown.

George Burley

I originally said that he was my preference for the Rangers job, then someone told me he had an alcohol problem. Anyone heard that?

My choice, despite being a blue-nose, would be for Smith and Coisty to stay, they are doing a good job so why change it. Back in the real world (where money talks) I would be happy with most of the suggestions here, but Burley would have to stay away from the drink, and Joe Jordan would have to stay away from that dodgy Italian accent he once had.