Rangers new manager

mon-e-whitedale

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are you saying then that you can make honey out of cats shoite?
This situation is bringing out the real feelings of some folk towards Rangers and those connected with the club. Pure hatred. They hate Rangers more than they love their own club or country.

Ah now stan you are twisting people’s words again here. I merely implied that I doubt if even Alex Ferguson could mold the present Rangers squad into anything other than what they are – a team fighting it out with Hibees, Hearts, Aberdeen and Kilmarnock for the UEFA cup places.

I never said I hated anyone, creed, colour, religion or football team. You are bringing that to the table – once again it has to be said.

For what it is worth to, no not you but anyone else, Smith did a decent job at Scotland They will not and never would qualify under the stewardship of any manager with the current crop of Scottish players I'm afraid. So in my book losing him means very little indeed and as for McCoist well I think that he is better suited to A Question of Sport than a dugout. So no loss really to the national side. However, if they can get cash they are due in way of compensation then good, Murray has plenty!

I never said I hated anyone, creed, colour, religion or football team. You are bringing that to the table – once again it has to be said.

I wasn't specifically targetting yourself regarding the section of my reply you quoted. That was intended as a general response to all those who have blatantly showed their hatred towards Rangers in this thread. Nothing was 'brought to the table' other than the suggestion that those with Rangers-hating prejudices leave these thoughts aside and have a decent conversation. In other words, I was only responding to other folk actually saying, for example, that they are looking forward to hating Walter Smith again.

Now, can we get back to the point of the thread. I have to say that over the last couple of weeks I have never felt as depressed being a Rangers fan. Even in the late sixties and early seventies when C****c were doing '9-in-a-row' or during the early eighties when Rangers were frankly garbage. At least the garbage tried 100% back then. However, when Walter was mooted as coming back I didn't know what to think. And for the last few days I've swung between thinking it's a good thing and then back to thinking 'It'll be fine with a few 'not sure's in between. Now that the appointment has been made I've decided to just sit back and let's see what happens. I'm willing to give him time - just as I was willing to give Le Guen more time. It could go either way. Unfortunately the problem is not who is managing the team but the players. I can see the foreigners being shipped out as soon as financially practical - which may take time and is unfortunate as I see Clement and Hemdani as valuable assets.

I would also like to see Barry Ferguson and Kris Boyd banished from the squad for their part in the Le Guen debacle. But this will now only happen if we can replace them like-for-like which is not going to happen.

It should be an interesting time ahead for the followers of The Rangers, World record holders for trophies won and for league championships, for those who may have forgotten.

Why don't the SFA and the so-called Tartan Army spokespersons/representatives or whatever just say; "Thank you Mr Smith for getting Scotland back on track. Your successor can now build on the work you have begun. We appreciate and understand that the pull of Rangers is too great. We wish you well in your new job". But no, we get Shuggie McNaebody on the TV telling us all how he has let the Scotland fans down and then the SFA claiming that they intend to sue Mr Smith for breach of contract and looking for compensation from Rangers. If they sit down at the table with Martin Bain like reasonable businessmen, I'm sure a satisfactory agreement for payment would be reached rather than bleating to the press about how disappointed and hard done by they are. If that's their attitude, i.e being ungrateful for the time that Mr Smith has already put in then nae wonder he's left!

Whatever you think of Walter Smith, the Scottish FA have every right to not only look for compensation from Rangers, but sue them as well - Smith was contracted to the SFA to do a job, and I think we can be damned sure Rangers' approach to him was not done through appropriate channels.

Whatever you think of Walter Smith, the Scottish FA have every right to not only look for compensation from Rangers, but sue them as well - Smith was contracted to the SFA to do a job, and I think we can be damned sure Rangers' approach to him was not done through appropriate channels.

I don't deny that they may have the right to sue. But only after the've sat down with Rangers and discussed it an a proper manner rather than rejecting an offer and then go crying to the hacks and telling them "it's no' fair, so it's no'". Just a few questions I have though:

What are the 'appropriate channels'?

What if it transpires that Walter Smith contacted Rangers first?

Why was Mr Smith's contract with the SFA not improved and not extended beyond the European Championships?

Why was there not the same raising of voices when Willie Ormond jumped ship to manage Hearts?

Where was the SFA's legal threats when Tommy Docherty was poached by Man Utd?

Would there be the same outcry if Mr Smith left to become manager of Dundee or Tranmere Rovers?

Why no thanks for his services over the last two years, as is the norm when a manager departs for another club?

I think the answers to most are based on the SFA's general attitude towards The Rangers. Why have the SFA never put forward Ibrox as a venue for a European Final - I believe, the only 5 star stadium in Europe not to host one?

I'd better stop, think I'm becoming paranoid!

I'd better stop, think I'm becoming paranoid!

I went for a pint today in the Thule. The Glaswegian guy standing next to me said to me that he felt that everyone was against him. It was no surprise when he told me later he was a Celtic supporter.

As far as Walter choosing club over country goes, I would say that most Celtic fans would prefer their club to win silverware rather than Scotland.

Why was there not the same raising of voices when Willie Ormond jumped ship to manage Hearts?

Willie Ormond didn't leave the Scotland job in the middle of a qualifying campaign. And there simply wasn't the 24-hour media outlets then-a-days.

I think the answers to most are based on the SFA's general attitude towards The Rangers.

You have to be f'kn joking with that one?

Andy Davis?

Willie Ormond didn't leave the Scotland job in the middle of a qualifying campaign. And there simply wasn't the 24-hour media outlets then-a-days.

Hmmm. Was Willie Ormond that old ?? No telly or newspapers or radio ?

If he leaves the national team completely, he is abandoning us. At the moment, it seems he is quite happy to leave us managerless for his beloved Rangers. I hope the SFA seek adequate compensation so we can get a top quality manager in the interim. In some ways though, I'm glad he's leaving if he values the national team with such low priority.

Good luck at Rangers Walter, I hope you can clinch that UEFA Cup spot!

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/tm_headline=shut-up%26method=full%26objectid=18442884%26siteid=66633-name_page.html

Whatever anyone says Walter was onboard so to speak long (a day or two) before Please Leave Govan was sacked. Yes he was sacked; all the "mutual consent" talk just does not wash. Why else would there be a deafening silence from the Frenchman?

Rangers (there is no The in the title) have done far too much business in the period from the St Mirren game and now for the new manager not to have been involved. Or is Murray another Romanov?

Webster was loaned with no involvement from the manager (PLG), JRod has gone through the door before Wattie came back through it (aye right) and Barry is straight back in after acting like a big kid and Boyd openly defied his manager after the penalty at Motherwell and no action is taken.

Murray knew the end was up for PLG a week or two previous and the whole ending has a sham and Walter played a part.

On the subject of Scotland, there are few candidates because any manager worth his salt nowadays knows the job is impossible and to answer another point, I would think that almost every football fan would rather their club won a trophy than Scotland did "well", whatever well is for Scotland. I know I would

Rangers (there is no The in the title)

Either is acceptable. Rangers fans of a certain age will always refer to their team as "The Rangers" And, if you have a share certificate, you'll see that it says 'The Rangers Football Club PLC'. Anything else I can help you with?

Rangers (there is no The in the title)

Either is acceptable. Rangers fans of a certain age will always refer to their team as "The Rangers" And, if you have a share certificate, you'll see that it says 'The Rangers Football Club PLC'. Anything else I can help you with?

I doubt it. C'mon The Hibernian, The Falkirk, The Aberdeen and The Manchester United.

Superior eh?