Rangers new manager

mon-e-whitedale

Even other fans refer to us as "The Aberdeen"...

I can't read

I can't write

But that doesn't matter

Cos I support the Aberdeen

and I can drive a tractor

I'm really scared that the SFA will just go ahead and appoint Tommy Burns now, David Taylor said that someone would be appointed in the next 2 weeks.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only team in Britain that have THE in front of their name is The Arsenal Football Club. Rangers seemed to have adopted it of late however it is not historical.

It has been in colloquial use for many years. I recall a drunk Glaswegian appearing in the Marischal Bar about 30 years ago. Attempting to make polite conversation he looked at one of the assorted photos of student groups that used to adorn the wall of that establishment and enquired "Is that a photie of the Rangers?" He was too drunk to read the caption that said it was the Aberdeen University Celtic Society (Keltic rather than the Sellick)

Why was there not the same raising of voices when Willie Ormond jumped ship to manage Hearts?

Willie Ormond didn't leave the Scotland job in the middle of a qualifying campaign. And there simply wasn't the 24-hour media outlets then-a-days.

Hmmm. Was Willie Ormond that old ?? No telly or newspapers or radio ?

Well, okay. I suppose you could argue that a newspaper is a 24-hour media outlet depending upon the time of day you read it - I used to look forward to going to my Grandad's for tea on a Wednesday so that I'd be able to read Oor Wullie and The Broons in the Sunday Post he'd picked up from The Central that same day.

Clearly what I meant was no News24, Sky Sports News, Radio5live, internet, SMS and any of the other news-spreading methods I've omitted.

WATP

What does that mean?

Don't ask.

They can't answer.

IMHO it's a term of supposed superiority (which is a laugh), a throwback to the last 150 years. If they bothered to think about it they would see it for the sectarian bile that it is.

IMHO it's a term of supposed superiority (which is a laugh), a throwback to the last 150 years. If they bothered to think about it they would see it for the sectarian bile that it is.

I've been thinking and I can't come up with any link between WATP and either superiority or sectarianism. Care to enlighten me?

I've been thinking and I can't come up with any link between WATP and either superiority or sectarianism. Care to enlighten me?

Mine was a serious question. What does it mean, I just curious?

If you don't know what "We Are The People" means then it doesn't matter. If you think it has something to do with Sectarianism then you are a sad, sad person and, for some reason, looking to be offended. One of the daftest theories I've ever heard.

I've no need to explain it other than it is purely football related and has a lot to do with being a fan of The Rangers. It's no more sectarian or supremist than saying "We are the Champions" or " I am the Greatest". If you're not a Rangers fan you can either ignore it or laugh at it - we don't care.