Celebrity Big Brother

Head above the parapet.

What do you think of the latest batch of 'celebrities' on big brother?

I think a complete A-Team reunion in the house would be good viewing. Lock BA in there for a couple of weeks - that would be interesting. Give them a scrapheap challenge while they're there - make an armoured personnel carrier from a old campervan, that kind of thing.

(Not that i watch Big Brother of course...)

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

......but we learned so much from her last time :roll:

I've just looked up 'celebrity' in the dictionary (what a rock and roll Saturday night) and all it says is 'a famous person.'

Not that I watch it, but why is it then that even in this media bonkers country most folk have barely heard of them?!!

To quote that great philosopher Ms Goody

"I must be fikk or summing!"

I caught the live but 10 minutes late bit last night.. and ended up pissing myself laugh along with jermain jackson.. as he couldnt sleep due to Kens snoring and jackie? ( jade mother ) farting.

other than that it's been very dire

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

have been over hearing this story about the racism taking place in big brother house, haven't watched it at all apart from the clip the news was showing,

is this as bad as they make out or just political correctness gone mad again ?

Any BB viewers out there who are better informed?

I wonder what the producers of Big Brother are thinking at the moment..

19,300 Ofcom complaints to deal with, Indians burning pictures of them...

But,

1,000,000 extra viewers last night.

Thats exactly it, good marketing...

Seriously, i'm not gonna "hide" as is fashionable, i watch it, i "get" it, and it's amusing, no, make that sad, to see how easily sucked in many others are by media manipulations.

"Clever" editing of material released to news channels is all it is.

Put it this way - is it racism if two "dumb blondes" are chatting and wondering if the Indian girl eats with her fingers because thats how they're brought up racism?... or is it actually taking an intrest in thier culture?

is this as bad as they make out or just political correctness gone mad again ?

Its definitely not as bad as it is made out to be but I'm not sure that political correctness is the cause, I think there are just a few too many over-sensitive/paranoid Asians out there.

The thing about Big Brother (not that I watch it of course) is that people seem to need to adopt a kind of gang mentality to survive. People need friends in there, and its easy to see why the young British females would want their own "gang". And its easy for them to pick on Shilpa because she is an "outsider". Whether or not it is racist we would only ever know by getting inside their heads.

As for C4 condoning racism, well even if that is what it is, there is all manner of generally unacceptable behaviour on BB, that doesn't mean C4 condones it.