Celebrity Big Brother

Is turning this situation into a racist one actually more racist than the incident itself?

I think it's the continual barrage of aggro she's been getting that's led to her thinking there's something racist behind it. Plus Jermaine's been planting that seed.

It's interesting she's come to this conclusion without actually have witnessed many of the comments that have been made.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished watching the C4 statement on the whole issue. The one thing that everyone seems to be forgeting is that Shilpa herself DOES NOT feel like she is being attacked due to race, she herself has said its a clash of class. so why is this still an issue? Everyone who is still shouting out that its racism should really have a good look at them selves. Maybe its them that has problems with race?

This whole debacle, regardless of if she is shown to be racist or not, will probably end her media career.

Amen tae dat. If only it wus da end o Big Brother wance an' fur all - I see da Carphone Warehoose have "suspended" der sponsorship deal.

I might have tae break da vow o a lifetime an' watch Davina McCall interview Jade when she gets booted oot. Normally dey hear stuff lik "your boyfriend says he wants to break up with you", or "the people in your town have been behind a huge campaign supporting you", but I cannot wait tae see her face.

Davina: "Effigies of you have been burnt in the streets of Patna, and you've sparked a race row with India."

Jade: 8O

Shilpa DID say that she thought they were being racist about her.

Yis.

Becis dey caa'd her stupid fur pittin a whole chicken under a grill..

Da lass is goin oot o her waye tae mak Jade Goody look lik a genius!

Ach weel, dey've done whit dey set oot tae do an gotten aabody spikin aboot it, an even staunch anti-BB fok tinkin tae watch it.

On da more serious side, da only ane wha may be really hurt by dis is Shipla hersel. False accusiations o racism seems tae be (an rightly so) taken extremely seriously by da fok o her hametoon.

Here in da UK it'll aa blow ower in a few days, but dat might no be da case elsewhaar.

I dout this will end jade's career after all she has done nothing more that have a few heated arguments with a fellow housemate. i for one support jade. This whole thing is jst so stupid. It has gotten to this stage due to the people out there looking for any reason to shout racism they seem to be ignoring the FACTS. just about 10 minutes ago a video was played on sky news of Shilpa in the diary room today. in this video Shilpa clearly states that this is no racial motavation behind it. If the one person at the centre of this whole thing honeslty believes ( as she does) that its no racially motavated than why does everyone else. its time everyone jst stopped being so pathetic about this especially the people in power ie Tony Blair etc i would also like to point oot that while he is debating over a stupid heated argument in a big brother house a show he probably dont even watche, there are hundredes of lives being lost every week in a war he is doing nothing to stop. that should be his main concern not what goes on inside a reality tv show.

Onywaye, i tink we can aa agree dat regardless o whit colour your skin is, tryin tae cook a chicken under a grill earns you da right tae be made a fool o..

Fair point Spinner.

But at least Shilpa actually does make the effort to cook. Jade and her feckless crones just sit there and expect to be fed like battery chickens, and then snipe like ungrateful swine when it's not to their liking. They should get off their ignorant arses and contribute something for the collective.

Yep, she goes on like she 's some Michelin starred chef, Gordon Ramsay or something, but doesn 't make so much as a slice of toast for herself.

On da more serious side, da only ane wha may be really hurt by dis is Shipla hersel. False accusiations o racism seems tae be (an rightly so) taken extremely seriously by da fok o her hametoon.

What do you mean by this exactly Spinner?

Weel da facts o da metter are dere on film, an when da hype is by wi, and da facts become common knowledge (as opposed tae da current speculation by fok who openly admit dey dunna watch da show), she was liable fur a pretty nasty backlash (as has already happened, accordin tae da BBC news website, in some Indian newspapers) in India, and within the "bollywood" community.

All ethnic minorities hae enough real budder wi racism, so its understandable dat dey ir ill pleased if someobody "cries race".

Note - i used da wird WAS up yunder becis Shilpa has sensibly withdrawn her comment, in an obvious attemt tae save da situation.

Personally, i wid o expected dat dressin dem aa up in afro's last week tae impersonate da Jackson Five wid o been mair reason fur an ootcry! :wink:

I agree it's a bit strong to be accusing Jade Goody of racism (after all she is herself mixed race). However, I don't think it's in any way an exaggeration to accuse her of being an ignorant, vile human being, who is only too happy to get together a gang to intimidate someone and make them feel excluded. We all know this is commonplace in secondary schools (which admittedly is a recent experience for her blockhead bit of stuff), I just would have liked to think three 'grown women' of their mid to late twenties would have had a bit more wit! :evil:

I agree it's a bit strong to be accusing Jade Goody of racism (after all she is herself mixed race).

I have to admit to being entirely ignorant of the subject under discussion here, but that strikes me as an odd thing to say Strawb.

What makes a person of mixed race any less prone to racism than anybody else?

Guest Anonymous

Well what can you say.....If dis is da kind o hysteria dat comes o twartree weemin hayin a bit o a flight on some poxy gameshow dats only real point is to get morons to pick up the phone so that revenue is generated.

Then I have serious doubts about the survival of the human race if dis is whit folk get excited about.

Whats more gettin all jumpy about this merely exacerbate any divisions between race and culture's

Honest to christ where does all this end !! all this political correctness !

It makes me want to start shooting people!

What ever happened to a bit o good old fashioned banter!

I agree it's a bit strong to be accusing Jade Goody of racism (after all she is herself mixed race).

I have to admit to being entirely ignorant of the subject under discussion here, but that strikes me as an odd thing to say Strawb.

What makes a person of mixed race any less prone to racism than anybody else?

I would guess StrawB was referring to the racial abuse Jade was subjected to in the past due to her parentage. BB fans will be aware of this but most outsiders will still think of her as that famous photoshopped "pig" image..

Noo dere's a reminder o da honest an upright waye o da media. :?