After the treatment of Chris Hodge should the Shetlands pl

Para Handy

After the treatment of Chris Hodge should the Shetlands planing department be abolished  

32 members have voted

1. 1. After the treatment of Chris Hodge should the Shetlands planing department be abolished

• Yes
    • No

:roll:

Chris? Is yun d?

"the Shetlands"???

I don't think it would really be feasible to get rid of the planning department. I imagine that would create far more disputes and uproar than they do at the moment. For example :

Tammy - "Lowrie, du canna big yun shed yundroo. It's blockin' my view o' auld meenie's claes line."

Lowrie - "Whit's du goin tae do aboot it ya auld fool?"

Tammy - *Fetches shotgun*.... *BANG*

Lowrie - "......"

However, I don't deny they do cause disputes and uproar as it is.

Maybe the SIC should be abolished but that is another story. As for the alleged "advice" given to Chris Hodge and Caroline Miller about change of use for the Judane factory I wonder if the person who gave that "advice" is still working for the SIC........and if so then why?.

I have always thought of the planing department quite convenient when issues of rough wood come about.

But only in an authority as wealthy as the SIC would they devote a whole department to it! Those huge sheds at Gremista contain a multitude of services.....it's the pencil sharpening department that i find perhaps unnecessary in this so-called computer age. :P

• 3 weeks later...

Yep the whole chris hodge affair is a complete disgrace. The people of shetland want him here so the planning dept should take note. our illustrious planning dept babbles on about "Policy" but when its conveinient to them the policies are changed or dropped. I know several people who wanted to build sheds , houses ect and were turned down because the council have a policy against anyone building anything within 5 metres from the high water mark because of rising sea levels , well what about the new musem ? (almost flooded already) What about this new music / cinema / both well under the requirements for their policy?

Objections for the siting of the new venue will , and should be sent to the scottish office as being in breach of policy.