Forged Bank Notes

Mag

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've always wondered how these crafty devils manage to forge coins to such a likeness?

I've heard you can file a 50p down so that gaming machines can't distinguish them from a 10p. :wink:

Now what would be the benefit in that ?

I can remember if you covered one half of an old 10p with silver paper you could use it in a pay phone as a 50p

At one time it was discovered that if you made a mould of an old shilling and then made ice 'coins' that these could be used in meters. (OK I'm showing my age, when I went to uni the meters ran on old shillings - but that was because they couldn't be bothered to change the meters...)

The ice 'coin' could go through the mechanism and register on the meter, but when the meters were emptied all that was left was a rusting collection box. The solution was a much stronger spring on the entry mechanism to smash the ice before it registered and a hole in the bottom of the collection tin to stop the tin rusting if anyone did use ice...

Someone I know (Who shall remain nameless) While at Uni had a meter lighting their apartment. They lived below the people they rented it fae. And one time when the meter ran out they noticed one light was still on, a lightbulb in a cupboard was still on as it's wiring came from upstairs in the owners apartment. So they wired up all the lights in their apartment from the cupboard and never had to pay for light again. Apparently!