Pot Noodles

Ally

Pot Noodle?  

60 members have voted

1. 1. Pot Noodle?

• Aye
    • Ney
    • No bothered

Christ, I'm really scrapping the barrel with this post, but nonetheless I shall plough on...

So, Pot Noodles - they get slagged constantly for being cheap, trashy and having no nutritional value whatsoever. The culinary equivalent of Jade Goodie (albeit with a slightly higher IQ).

Still, I don't care what they say - Pot Noodles are well tasty.

So, Pot Noodles - Good or bad? You decide...

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The ultimate hotel food!

I've yet ta bide in a hotel dat serves something i wid reddir aet dan simply haen a pot noodle in me room.

Da culnary equivalent o Jade Goody is exactly right. Simple, its fashionable tae say you dunna lik it, but very successful so somebody haes tae enjoy it, an if half da fok dat say dey dunna lik it actually tried some, dey wid enjoy it too. :D

Totaly gross, why someone would want to eat re-hydrate cardboard with added sawdust & pretty near a whole days salt intake in one pot is beyond me......

Strong views , yes... but have you ever watched any of these enviromenal health progs on telly showing you just what & the quality of all the whats, that gets shoved into these highly processed junk foods..... Its enough to make you eat 100% natural foods for life.

Apart from the odd tunnocks teacake......

Can anyone remember the Pot Rice things there used to be - some of those were ok, esoecially after a night out on the town.

I never really took to Pot Noodles, but desperation/fantation drove three of us to combine what food we had as a student. Between us we had some noodles, a cup-a-soup and a bit of hard cheese the size of a matchbox. There was nothing to cook in so we boiled the noodles in the kettle.

Fortunately we had finished and were able to look innocent (in our opinion) when the next person came in to make coffee and was very puzzled to have coffee with a noodle in it...

Absolute sh*te

These came out back in about 1977 I believe they are the work of the Devil.

I was trying to convert my then colleagues to eating the competitors' products "Balkan Snacks". These were fish, mackerel etc. in a piquant sauce. Superb, no preparation needed, just bring a fork, pop the top and munch.

Of course back in those days no-one had heard of omega 3 oils.

There should be a Food Offenders Register and people that eat Pot Noodles should have to report to a Police Station every day :wink:

It should more accurately be called Pot Vommit because that's what it looks like. If you doubt me throw a made pot of it onto any Lerwick pavement on a Friday/Saturday night. Even the gulls wont eat it.

Has anyone tried the "Bombay bad boy" pot noodle? It's akin to smearing mustard all over your tongue, then taking a blow torch to it, before extinguishing the flames with a pint of tabasco sauce. A tad on the warm side.

The regular curry one is quite nice - had one for my lunch today. Not gonna make a habbit of it though...

I haven't tried many of the others, although "nice 'n' spicy" is all right.

One of my best mates used to practically live on a diet of Beef flavoured pot noodles, Vodka & coke, Quarn and Marlboro lights. I think he was in rather a bad place mentally at the time, coming to think of it!