Greatest Gigs in Shetland....ever!

Marvin

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've got bootleg of that as well. Good stuff. Apparently Morrissey was getting a bit of heckling from some "rednecks" down at the front of the stage. Kinda funny to listen to.

"Will you go home please.....you are boring and very old fashioned!" - classic Morrissey!

My favourite quip from the Moz is "This is our new single.....which you can buy in Aberdeen.......if you fancy a swim!"

and of course

"Barbara Dickson........YEAH!"

They did do more encores in Shetland than they did on the rest of the tour and the guy that recorded it (who went to all the Smiths gigs) said that the gig in Shetland was his favourite.

There is a great photo of the Smiths outside the Clickimin with all the Clickimin staff.

Sparticus gig at which The Presidents Of The USA's 'Kitty' was played.

Spartikus Crumb never played kitty, It was Suffren' Aunties, It was at Brae Hall.

Oh, and my favorite gig was Lump and Hammfatters at Sandwick Social Club

Ok, two points. The Brig o Fitch events in a tent may well have been fun but speaking as a taxi driver they were too dangerous. Persons "with drink taken" wandering all over roads with a notional 60mph speed limit in the wee small hours is not good.

Complete change of theme. The Wurzels.....anyone go to their gig and why?. And what did you think of them?. And manys the pint of scrumpy I have sunk at the Kings Arms. memories from a lost era.

Hmmm, Julian Cope - Brae Hall - Sometime in the past, not every night the artist gets off the stage and pogo's around more than the crowd (or in the case of that night...the small gathering).

Edited to include THE WURZELS! Fantastic band if there ever was one.

Hmmm, Julian Cope - Brae Hall - Sometime in the past, not every night the artist gets off the stage and pogo's around more than the crowd (or in the case of that night...the small gathering).

Julian Cope was speaking about his Shetland gigs on Mark Radcliffe's programme a few weeks ago.

I think it might have been the Bressay gig.

He said something about the place being full of violent nutters who bottled ("whisky bottles, not your normal beer bottles") the support band off the stage. He said that he decided that the best way to handle the situation was to start the show with a 10 minute solo vocal mantra....

I think it might have been the Bressay gig.

He said something about the place being full of violent nutters who bottled ("whisky bottles, not your normal beer bottles") the support band off the stage. He said that he decided that the best way to handle the situation was to start the show with a 10 minute solo vocal mantra....

Sounds about right....

Soonds lik he wis trippin’ oot o’ his nut – not unknown for wir Julian. ;)

Eidder dat, or he choost wisna wint wi’ da Bressay fok!! :lol:

Dave.

Guest yaduk

:lol: I seem to mind something about that night! There were some crazed Ollaberry boys pleepsin aboot something? I can joost aboot mind dat!