Mareel - Cinema & Music Venue

madcow

The overall problem is we're "employing the wrong architects" i.e Shetland and Scottish ones who seem incapable of designing anything that doesn't resemble an old scottish croft house(see new flats next to Lerwick Hotel as an example)....

Well, the "croft house" style, while far for ideal, beats its predecessors in to a cocked hat.

80's/90's everything was "Chinese Pagoda" style....Clickimin, Viking, Sewerage pump hoose....

60's/70's everything was "Military Barracks" meets "Tower Block" style....Sandveien, Heddel's, Stout's Court.....

I don't suppose there's any chance, when folk are wandering about with their camera, of getting a pic of what actually is now, taken from the same point as this drawing, for comparison purposes.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3575/3401294829_36d32afae7_b.jpg

Its just that, okay, the angle is different, but I'm having to work at it a bit, seeing this as equating the artists impression. The fact that its actually taken from further away, but is much bigger, is kinda bothersome....

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4094/4793669083_4eb10bbe33_b.jpg

Good artist that did that artists impression though, I see he seems to have been suitably impressed enough with the old "Pilot Us" to give her a clone. :wink:

its going to be metal clad. why could they have not matched the museum.

To a certain degree it does. It is supposed to be a modern take on the traditional Shetland sheet metal building type, such as Albert Building, guttie huts, or Hay's Boatshed. The latter is of course incorporated into the museum.

I see that Shetland Arts are applying for three posts in the Shetland Times today to work at Mareel.

Each post commands a salary of £31,041 x 3 = £93,123

On top of the salary, employers NI contributions are required at 12.8%. This will total £3973 per employee x 3 = £11,919.

On top of that, all Shetland Arts employees are part of the gold plated SIC pension scheme, so will require employers contributions at ~12%. Another £3725 per employee x 3 = £11,175.

So in total these three employee's will cost £116,217 per year (£2235 per week). One can assume each will have an assistant as well.

Easy to see now why so many people think that Hans Christian Andersen wrote the Mareel business plan.

I see that Shetland Arts are applying for three posts in the Shetland Times today to work at Mareel.

Each post commands a salary of £31,041 x 3 = £93,123

On top of the salary, employers NI contributions are required at 12.8%. This will total £3973 per employee x 3 = £11,919.

On top of that, all Shetland Arts employees are part of the gold plated SIC pension scheme, so will require employers contributions at ~12%. Another £3725 per employee x 3 = £11,175.

So in total these three employee's will cost £116,217 per year (£2235 per week). One can assume each will have an assistant as well.

Easy to see now why so many people think that Hans Christian Andersen wrote the Mareel business plan.

What is the annual cost for all Staffing as per the Mareel Budget Plan?

Thank You :?:

To start with i was against mareel but as time has gone by ive warmed to the idea and now im actually glad its being built , i think we all need to give it a chance and the people have to support it as much as they can , we as the paying public hold the key to the success of mareel ,

and yes i will be applying for one of those jobs , if not all three !