Mareel - Cinema & Music Venue

madcow

Guest SJP17
The damn place should be bombed.....in this time of cuts, with schools and services slashed to meet budget demands the last thing this island needs is another waste of money project just to keep the middle class council white collar shower happy ???? :roll: :roll:

Thats a bit extreme , i take it you wont be attending any music events or going to watch a film ?

The damn place should be bombed.....in this time of cuts, with schools and services slashed to meet budget demands the last thing this island needs is another waste of money project just to keep the middle class council white collar shower happy ???? :roll: :roll:

Sorry you feel like that - stuck in the Country are you?

By the way, is Logging-In a bit of a nightmare for you? :lol:

Just wondered......

Icepick 239 you assume a lot don't you, sadly all of it wrong.

Did i hit a nerve with you then? :P

Wow. Pot, kettle, black anyone?

You jumped from a cinema to

another waste of money project just to keep the middle class council white collar shower happy ????

Are you really saying only middle class white collar workers are interested in the cinema? I have to wonder just who are you insulting with that sweeping generalisation?

Those of you who have been following this tired thread may have noticed that I have been rather quiet about this subject of late. i don't know if Mareel will rake in millions of pounds or require cash for whatever. I do know that most buildings are ugly and take a long time to finish.

I don't care if it is ugly- this is one building where the beauty lies on the inside.

I agree with a previous poster that Shetland is getting very, very boring.

Mareel may stop some of the young people leaving, by providing them with an opportunity to learn about what they want to learn about without having to leave Shetland. The tone of some of the negative posters seems to be -"if you want to learn abooit stuff lik dat, den why does du not farkoff sooth onywye, du's not learning worthwhile things lik croftin' an' fishin'. Du kens?"

Personally , I think it bad judgement to have sited it so near the waterline, but then, who knew 17 years ago that sea levels were set to rise so much?

Or that the farking tories would get back in?

I work from dawn till beyond dusk at a manual labouring job, and dammit, I want to watch a fillum now and again. I also want to see top quality live music other than the fiddle-de dee staple which seems to be the benchmark up here. I ain't no white collar wahtever that guy said.

I also want the local kids to become the hairstyles of tomorrow. Once they're gone, they're gone, and they won't come back except for xmas and when they've run out of money/split up with girl/ gotten fed up of trees and the delights of city life.

Could all of you numbskulls just stfu and wait until the damn venue is built and you have supported it before claiming to "ken" how things are gonna be?

It might not work, but then, your marriage/ business/holiday plans might not work either. What makes you so sure? I don't hear much naysaying from folk who actually work in the entertainment industry, and let us not forget that the entertainment industry is just that- an industry.

And one which is probably doing better than yours, whatever that may be.

Cool. I thought that was a point the detractors had picked up on.

Anyway, that is my quibble.

As always(and this is in no way a slur on you, crofter),my questions remain unanswered.

Bitch all you like mofos, even if you refuse to spend your money or time making Mareel a sucess, I have a feeling that when things get going some of you may have to eat humble pie. If I am the one eating pie, then shame on you. And all your children.

:D

Sorry you feel like that - stuck in the Country are you?

By the way, is Logging-In a bit of a nightmare for you? :lol:

Just wondered......

Icepick 239 you assume a lot don't you, sadly all of it wrong.

Did i hit a nerve with you then? :P

No assumptions on my part - only two questions....

Hit a nerve? - no you missed....

By the way: suuusssiiieee in Swahili means - I like Mareel.

If you added another u and another e - it would then mean - I like mareel - a lot... :lol: