Mareel - Cinema & Music Venue

madcow

My point is that it isn't possible, or practical, to post all the detailed information relating to such a complex project in an easy to digest manner on the internet.

As mentioned, I hope the Mareel website will present all the information folk need. However, if folk are looking for specifics that they can't find on the Internet, a quick phonecall is the best way forward.

The implication that information is being withheld is just not accurate.

I'm more than happy to spend time answering folk's questions as it's a project that I'm very passionate about.

they are a reply to the ignorance you expect me to believe you have about the whole process. Devils ad, my muckle sphincter, it sounds more like those Shetland Trees are doin overtime, even if adopted.

If you put those words in the correct order and add some punctuation, some of us may have half a chance of understanding WTF you are babbling on about now.

the thing is built the cash has been spent. All that we can hope now is that it is agreat success. Unlink I can't see why your getting so worked up about it. It is going to either be a great assest or a net store. how come unlink your worried about the aliminum oixide its a protective layer not corrosion. simular to zinc.

Aluminium oxide is responsible for resistance of metallic aluminium to weathering. Metallic aluminium is very reactive with atmospheric oxygen, and a thin passivation layer of alumina (4 nm thickness) forms in about 100 picoseconds on any exposed aluminium surface.[5] This layer protects the metal from further oxidation.
from wiki

the charity thrust does have a history of building decent public buildings. the museum is a very fine example. I was not keen on the outside design but its there now so why don't we just wait and see how it goes.

^Bryan, I hear ya. However ...

... this comment is meant to be taken as constructive criticism and also as a positive suggestion. When going on the Facebook page, there is a link to Stakeholders Minutes. That link actually takes you to a page which shows only the most recent Minutes being available to download. Would it not be possible to have ALL of the Notes/Minutes/Progress Reports on the Facebook page - I know this is possible and a relatively painless and quick exercise on other Facebook users' pages?

I still don't see why people should need to telephone in when if the above had been done, people wouldn't need to as information would be readily available and would hopefully stop rumours developing. I've never said that information was being withheld - it isn't easy to find it!

Likewise, whilst you've said about the queues for toilets, could you just not have said Mareel will have X No. of bogs? :wink: Simple!

Yep, I'll phone you on Monday requesting copies of all Minutes to be e-mailed to me. Cheers for your input.

^Paul

Who says I'm getting 'worked up'? (Shrrup Ghostrider :wink: ).

It is far easier to relay concerns and discuss matters with your Contract Administrator and indeed all of your Project Team before handover rather than have to deal with matters via NHBC or Zurich warranty bods afterwards.

Wow, Wiki speaks on aluminium - do you not realise how salt/salt water reacts with aluminium? If the roof and cladding are not powdercoated/treated, they MIGHT have a lifetime of less than 20 years but much also depends on the thickness and quality of the aluminium.

thus costing the trust money.

Paulb, Bryan has my e-mail address. As Bryan quite rightly pointed out, the information will be available on Mareel's website; therefore, if it saves costs by placing information into the public domain as opposed to having individuals telephone in for it (or don't person hours cost the Trust money?), what's the problem?

^Paul

Who says I'm getting 'worked up'? (Shrrup Ghostrider :wink: ).

It is far easier to relay concerns and discuss matters with your Contract Administrator and indeed all of your Project Team before handover rather than have to deal with matters via NHBC or Zurich warranty bods afterwards.

Wow, Wiki speaks on aluminium - do you not realise how salt/salt water reacts with aluminium? If the roof and cladding are not powdercoated/treated, they MIGHT have a lifetime of less than 20 years but much also depends on the thickness and quality of the aluminium.

do you not possibly think that they may have thought of that.

and just possibly they know more about building than either me or thee. look on the bright side if they mess up they could generate there own power from the battery effect it could produce. just need to coat it in activated charcoal.

I have to say your last couple of post Unlinked just sums your entire argument up... you seem to have so much time on your hands that you roam the internet to try and pick up issues that are a figment rather than reality

Why thank you, Twerto. However, given that I have posted more than twice this evening, perhaps your mathematical skills are somewhat different to the norm - which couple are you referring to? :wink:

What, dare I ask, is the relevance to how I spend my spare time to this thread? It is no secret to many that I am self-employed and I'm sure I've mentioned previously on Shetlink this ... I tend to keep Shetlink open (and Facebook) and in-between jobs, visit them. It is rare for me to take a lunchbreak nor, for that matter, do I work 9-5. Happy?

My point was not to how much time you spend on shetlink but in the context of which you seem to base or justify your judgements towards what goes on with Mareel in this particular case.. You seem to pick up on idle rumour or gossip that has no grounds other than it is idle pub gossip and then go and research the website that we all know and love for being the most accurate of websites wiki to build your case against why mareel is doomed for failure.

Anyway i will leave in fear of this turning into yet another digression from the origins of this thread.

Regards twerto

I still don't see why people should need to telephone in when if the above had been done, people wouldn't need to as information would be readily available and would hopefully stop rumours developing. I've never said that information was being withheld - it isn't easy to find it!

Likewise, whilst you've said about the queues for toilets, could you just not have said Mareel will have X No. of bogs? :wink: Simple!

I don't wish to dwell on the number of bogs in Mareel or pick on you, but I think your question exemplifies a point.

The simple answer is I don't know the number of toilets pans and urinals off the top of my head. I've been at meetings where the number of toilets were discussed together with the relevant guidelines/legislation, best practice and other similar venues' facilities. There have been many building use planning scenarios too, including likely toilet usage. A decision was reached (I don't recall the specifics) and I'm happy that the architects, contractors and the wider project team know what they're doing, and I'm happy to leave it at that.

It is unlikely that this information would have appeared on any Frequently Asked Questions documents (this is the first the time anyone has ever asked me) or the website and it hasn't, to my knowledge, been raised at any public meetings.

My point being, it isn't possible to second guess every question that people may ask and pre-publish the info on the Internet. It's a fairly specific question that, to be honest, I'm not sure is of interest to most people unless they get caught short and have to queue!

I would very much hope that since the number of toilets hasn't been widely publicised, this won't lead to a rumour that there aren't enough of them!

Much as I'd like to spend the rest of my Sunday evening discussing the number of toilets in Mareel, I may opt to watch a film before turning in :wink:

ALL THE BEST for MAREEL...

But wow, it's getting a bit technical...

1 - I want to unzip within the confines of Mareel, as and when nature requires, so Bogs galore please....

2 - I assume that 'unlink' being Self-Employed, does not contract to DITT, but possibly the Council... :)

And here is as good a place as any - that any Dog SHeeeeITE seen permeating the air between the hours of 7am and - OH wait on, Land of the Midnight Sun and all that - I guess tuff on the Canines, but Winter will be eagerly looked forward to..... :)

As for mysel, I am thinking about getting a horse (a big one) - any forseen problems :lol: ????

Twerto, I have NOT referenced Wiki - I am far from a lover of Wiki. I very seldom venture into pubs or, for that matter, further than the local shop or once a fortnight at the most into town. Therefore, I tend not to have the opportunity for pub gossip.

I can go weeks where I post nothing on Shetlink and then I'll have a flurry with some episodes of posting being lengthier than the time not posting. Rather than just say like some posters that the venture is a 'white elephant', a 'waste of money' and just totally slag off the project (Okay, hands up, I did say wasted space), I attempted to post some serious (and okay, threw in a not so serious point) queries/view points as one does when participating in a discourse. Perhaps I should have just dismissed the project totally and not being bothered to come back and post serious comments and suggestions? Are posters not allowed to debate the (potentially) good and bad points of this project?

:cry:

Just seen Icepick's post - nope, I'm not contracted to the Council.