Mareel - Cinema & Music Venue

madcow

it does seem the D.I.T.T. may be responsible for some of the delays.

Not what they were saying on the radio tonight. Also,

The company said: “Whilst a date was given to Shetland Arts regarding a completion date, the arts trust have conveniently chosen to ignore the fact that the date was subject to no further instructions or additional works being instructed by their design team.

“Disappointingly for the progress of the project, since 14 November a number of significant changes have been instructed. Design changes at this stage of a project inevitably impact on the completion date.

“We are entirely confident that we are fulfilling our obligations under the terms of the contract.â€

It must be frustrating, it does seem the D.I.T.T. may be responsible for some of the delays. Will have to redo my holiday.

how the {'f' it was funny in Father Ted 'eck'} do you figure that one out pete, please enlighten us with your wisdom

Well I was planning on coming up for the opening.

Were the D.I.T.T. the main contractors? There have been some problems with their sub-contractors, and my comment did say the D.I.T.T. may be responsible for some of the delays.

I think the finger can be pointed in all directions imo.. would be very unfair to land the delays all on one party involved.. as it said in the news the blame percentage game can be argued out at the end no point in delaying it at this stage I would think

• 2 months later...

I was at da Garrison on sat ta watch journey 2 mysterious island, good movie! could see it perfectley as dir most o been da bruks o 20(if dat!) fok in da cinema!!!(not da first time dats happened den!)...noo on whit planet in whit galaxy flying throo whit solar system in whit multiple dimension dus da shetland arts fok tink dir gaen ta fill yun mareels cinema screens every week whin da garrison(which is a great peerie cinema!) canna fill ta burstin wi every showin!!!....is every seat in dis wonderful mareel built by Audi,electrical reclining and heated wi drinks holder and vibrating massage!!??!....da garrison trip 4 bairns + wan adult(me) cost £18 quid!!!...foo muckle is yun mareel gaen ta hae ta charge a ticket ta mak ends meet??!!...jesus on a bike stop da madness! shetlands lost enyoch wi'oot ony maer!!....keep da garrison open hits a fine peerie venue!!

Whats the latest on the white elephant/best thing to happen for Shetland in years?........that should cover both bases! :D

Apart fae the extra quarter o a million it's costing to sort out the window seals, that were put in the wrong way! .. not a lot. :wink:

jesus on a bike stop da madness! shetlands lost enyoch wi'oot ony maer!!....keep da garrison open hits a fine peerie venue!!

What you saying stop building the multi million pound cinema just as you're about to open it and completely deny any chance whatsoever of recouping investment?.

Apart fae the extra quarter o a million it's costing to sort out the window seals, that were put in the wrong way! .. not a lot. :wink:

Only way that will cost Shetland Arts anything is if they told the installer to put the seals in the wrong way round. The installer might have some sleepless nights at the charges they'll get hit with though.