Mareel - Cinema & Music Venue

madcow

The fact that you don't know that more than half that £12 million didn't come from Shetland. but from outside bodies also speaks volumes.

I ken damn fine that mare dan haaf da money kem fae ootside Shetland and I also ken dat will be a stick used ta beat wis when it goes tits up.

It wis still wis here in Shetland dat spent it no matter whar it kem fae.

And i seriously doubt that du's gaen ta laeve de bedroom enoch ta mak da place pay.

I ken damn fine that mare dan haaf da money kem fae ootside Shetland and I also ken dat will be a stick used ta beat wis when it goes tits up.

It wis still wis here in Shetland dat spent it no matter whar it kem fae.

And i seriously doubt that du's gaen ta laeve de bedroom enoch ta mak da place pay.

http://www.funflicks.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/oddball2.jpg

Half the money indeed came from out with Shetland, however that means half DID, namely £6 Million of it. And i think that's frankly £6 Million that could have been better saved.

Mareel will ultimately be a drain on resources for ever more.

I feel most sorry for the poor residents across the road fae that monstrosity that look out of their windows at a big slab of grey wall.... :cry:

fusion, i totally blame the seats at the garrison, i dont care if you think im not comited by this, if they spent the money getting better seats at the garrison i would go

I wisna getting at you, the seats at the theatre are fine I just think they need a bit of wider isle inbetween the rows, so we can get wir legs in better.

It needs also to be pointed out that the people building Mareel are also the owners of the Garison, and not diffrent folk, so it will be good to see how the trust manages the Garison after Mareel opens, which I'm sure they will.

Half the money indeed came from out with Shetland, however that means half DID, namely £6 Million of it. And i think that's frankly £6 Million that could have been better saved.

Mareel will ultimately be a drain on resources for ever more.

I feel most sorry for the poor residents across the road fae that monstrosity that look out of their windows at a big slab of grey wall.... :cry:

I think you could find that when it is finished it is not always a grey slab of wall ;)

Funny thing is I have discussed this topic with a fair few local musicians and only 2 have said mareel is a good idea, so just who the hell are we building it for.

All the young musicians I've spoken two are desperate for Mareel to open.

wid dat mak a total o fower dan ? :shock:

Funny thing is I have discussed this topic with a fair few local musicians and only 2 have said mareel is a good idea, so just who the hell are we building it for.

All the young musicians I've spoken two are desperate for Mareel to open.

wid dat mak a total o fower dan ? :shock:

nah joost da sem aafy vocal twa