Mareel - Cinema & Music Venue

madcow

What if the only tickets left were in Unst and you were in Virkie?

The other problem could be the cost, to have a quantity of physical tickets, you would need to report all sales so as not to double book. An alternative would be to have a terminal to issue tickets. You may need that anyhow to ensure that special needs of folks can be assessed as to availability.

jesus h pet do you just haver sharn for the fun of it

1000 tickets

400 sold from islesburgh

600 sent out to the country shops split evenly among all the shops that wish to participate or even divided up pro rata on a population basis.

Any tickets left after a pre determined period would be sent back to islesburgh, for further sale so if you are in virkie and missed out on any at mainlands or bigton stores you would know that on X date the spare tickets would be returned to isleburgh. and if you are really desperate to get that ticket you could always take a trip up to unst or isleburgh

There are always physical tickets when pre selling so no extra cost.

And why would there be the need to report all sales there are only going to be the correct number of tickets printed so no double booking.

with ticket sales being available locally there would not be the scramble that happens now.

Special needs would still be catered for by islesburgh.

Ticket sales capped at 2 per person to prevent touts unless they want to drive all over Shetland for tickets that would not be worth any more in profit than cost in fuel.

Explaining even the simplest of ideas to you peat is like trying to teach rocket science to a monkey :roll:

Now here is a method to sell tickets throughout the isles that took less time to think up than it took to type and would cost nothing to set up.

would be inclusive of all the folks in Shetland, and would help bring passing trade to help keep country shops viable.

Again, if you are in Unst and the spare tickets are in Virkie, and get sold by the time they get to your x date. Even though you were wanting them, someone got them after you.

Special needs at Isleburgh?

So, at 7pm, you will still be able to check if all the wheelchair seats have been taken, or, more seats will need to be removed (thus reducing available seats) to accommodate. If those seats have been taken, then what?

So, limit to 2 tickets per person, no surprise outing there then.

Just buy them on line, but remove the mark up perhaps, no problems really.

I too am not fond of the High Level way tickets are sold. As you say, it can preclude some folk.

All that without any insults or mockery.

^^^

PB i'm utterly in awe of your exceptionally good attempt to continue to be civil, informative, and good humoured in the face of what can only be described as tediously offensive and overly demanding requests for very detailed answers.

Ghostie, i used to have a lot more respect for your input to things but you and your pillion passenger are now beyond the joke. You people must be bored out of yer skulls to be so fixated and negative about everything under the sun. ...

In the time that PB has been kind enough to post on this forum, he could, IMHO, have sent an e-mail to DITT stating that a member of the public had made a request concerning the soundproofing. From the information PB's office was kind enough to send and from what was available online, it wasn't possible to ascertain whether they were using soundproofing materials such as Acoustiblok, Green Glue, foam in-between pipes, etc. DITT's subcontractor, if they have an Acoustic Consultant, should have this information.

I can understand that PB doesn't have the information to hand but given his job title, I'm surprised that he isn't aware of the maximum permissible volume under Health & Safety Regulations and whether or not any staff will be in the vicinity of a 'loud' playing band with such Regs then kicking in. Perhaps he does, but perhaps he has been told not to divulge such information to the public? Some of the youngsters I have spoken to have said "It gonna be loud!" - well is it?

In addition, the information relating to disability was not available from SIC Planning, despite it being shown as an Appendix to the Application and I was referred to a different section. Likewise, I telephoned Disability Shetland only to be told the person wasn't available and from their minutes, as I said elsewhere, they were only involved in the original audit at the design stage; can't see anything on their website or in their Minutes to indicate they have been involved since.

I'm not going into detail of the personal messages between PB, Ghostie and myself on here but will say I haven't posted for several months on here. You may care to note that I was positive about Roland being onboard but according to you, I'm negative about everything.

It is the old story, the devil is in the detail. If I'm wrong, I am more than happy to say so and given what has been in the press as to how multi-functional the building will be, is it so bad to say to the public as to how loud a band can play and actually state the decibel limit? All soundproofing materials have limits, and no doubt DITT will have the manufacturers' data sheets. Yes, combined with other factors such as corridors, etc., will make a difference but again, DITT's subcontractor would have this information, together with computer programming being used to ascertain how all the soundproofing, be it in relation to the pipes, walls, doors, floor dampening, etc., come together.

Incidentally, I did get a Surveyor I know to look at the costings and the application - his initial comment concerning cost was whether or not the damn thing was being clad in gold! This isn't some backstreet Surveyor either, but one with experience of working on large, multi-million pound projects in London.

Like you, I share concerns in relation to the cinemas.

Oh, and re pillion - I actually hold a full motorbike licence. :wink:

The Control of Noise at Work Regulations spell out what has to be done with noise levels. So, it is straight forward. If the levels are reached, then ear protection is offered, if they go beyond that it is mandatory. If say a sound engineer cannot do his job with hearing protection, then the job is rotated.

There are great hearing or ear defenders on the market. They seal much of the noise out but will play it back at a more comfortable and legal level.

Not every band will be playing at over 85dB. If they do, it will only be the staff in the hall who would be required to wear such protection or spend a limited time in the hall.

It is common knowledge within the entertainment industry about the noise levels. Many fail to adhere to it. What if the employees have to wear ear protection? How would that matter?

I went to see them at Hammersmith, yup, too loud. The basement at the Clarendon Hotel in Hammersmith was quite a noise, no pogo there, the room was only 6'6" tall, you had to duck to go through the arches.

The Red Lion in Brentford was another noisy venue, as was the Greyhound in Fulham.

Yeah but SP, I've said it before, downstairs at the Clarendon was tiny compared to upstairs. Liked the Red Lion in Brentford (oops, remember drinking Thunderbird followed by tequila followed by more Thunderbird and tequila and got up to go to loo only to find me legs had gone!). Thing is, these are wrong comparisons; downstairs at the Clarendon held nothing like what the Mareel is meant to be holding and at least you had room to dance/headbang/whatever upstairs in the Clarendon. Now you didn't have enough room to headbang in Chislehurst Caves (acoustics were blinding, mind you).

Incidentally, I did get a Surveyor I know to look at the costings and the application - his initial comment concerning cost was whether or not the damn thing was being clad in gold! This isn't some backstreet Surveyor either, but one with experience of working on large, multi-million pound projects in London.

You gave him the bills of quantities, the specification and the drawings?.

• 2 weeks later...

You gave him the bills of quantities, the specification and the drawings?.

quite right johan my father in law was a quanity surveyor and even for a simple job the amount of paperwork produced was quite large. this was supplied to the builder not the owner. so has unlink been questioning the poor builder too.

^No doubt your father would have a rough idea on prices/costs given his experience eh paulb :wink: ?

I doubt it his father isn't a quantity surveyor. :wink:

BTW did you give him the drawings and specification?

I am still unsure of what is trying to be proved or gained by this wee campaign. Toilets, cloakrooms and insulation. Perhaps somewhere to hang your coat while having a loud dump and not disturbing the show? Nothing will change what has happened already, gesticulating on a thread will not do a thing. It is though nice to see some one move to the islands and be so passionate about the place.

Oh, Pauls Dad not a surveyor. Well, so far he has not said that, we would be in trouble if he was one as well. :wink: