Mareel - Cinema & Music Venue

madcow

i said father in law he was a member of RICS. the wife says he was also a FRICS

he was senior partner in a practice in blackpool then went solo. Woud be very hard to ask him anything he died lasts year. he was the old school one man band. he used to take the wife as a kid to help him.

its not a simple task. A more mind numbing job ive not seen. you really need to like numbers.

now my father well lets just say he was not a skilled man.

i would find it very hard that unlinks friend could give any advice on a phone call.

I heard a rumour last night that several rooms within Mareel will now be used to house SIC office workers, is there any truth in that ?

Also something said about leaky windows, would that mean it wont be open for a while yet ?

There IS a problem with leaking windows due to poor installation. I think its in the process of being sorted tho!

so are you saying the rics members that helped with the build don't. i would be careful there unlink. ...

I never said that. Whilst RICS members, namely surveyors, very often send out the tender documentation, it doesn't help one little bit when clients change their minds. For all we know, the RICS members may well have advised against so many changes or, at the very least, pointed out the cost implications only for a client to go against their advice.

What I will, however, say is that it is crazy to appoint an architect with no experience of a building of this particular nature (Nothing on their website illustrates they have experience of this type of venue); winning a competition is not, IMHO, the best way to choose an architect. Yes, they've designed other public buildings but not a complex like Mareel.

Is it not something to do with seals missing from the windows , which are causing them to leak , i heard the windows should have been installed by the company that went bust but instead a local contractor did it but never put the seals in.

This mareel project seems to have had a hellish amount of problems , who is footing the bill for it ? i thought it was a fixed price build.

I also heard on "the grapevine" that the windows had been installed the wrong way round hahaha

I guess if a thief wanted to get in then he/she would just need a very long ladder and then they could caually open the window using the handle on the outside. Simples!!

Whid doe dey need windows fur? I towt dat a picter hoose wis supposed tae be dark inside so dat dey couid shaw picters?