Mareel - Cinema & Music Venue

madcow

I have noticed on facebook people having tours of the mareel, wish i knew as i wouldnt mind a look. Is this for anyone or just friends of staff?

I think its who u know, than what. Think its just staff, workmen and permoters etc. normal folk i think will have to hold on untill something is on, unless they have a open day for just the shetland folk to come and look around without having to pay for the pleasure. Won't be long now.

/\ sounds good to me. When I go to see bands or films I want to see and hear them not put up with drunken plonkers disrupting things.

Can understand that, but how do you feel about say if you were 28 but looked under 25 and they asked for your ID to ascertain that you were 18 or over? Now if they were holding an event for say the over 25s then fair do, but I don't like the 25 scheme just to ascertain if you are over 18. You can end up with one member of bar staff thinking you look over 18 and another one doesn't. Why not just ask for ID upon entry, whack a stamp on your hand/place wristband/whatever and then show it at the bar? The bar area looks small enough as it is and no doubt the bar staff will be busy enough as it is, drink (less) policy in place or not.