Mareel - Cinema & Music Venue

madcow

Not a big fan of the ticket charges

£1.50 for online booking (I assume 50p card charge + £1 posting)

50p card charge for phone and face to face transactions

£1 charge for posting tickets

"Tickets purchased within 7 days of the event will not be posted to you but will be available to collect either at the venue or from the Box Office before the day of the event"

So if you lived a long way out and booked 6 days before, and rang up/online you could pay card or internet extra costs on top of the film ticket, plus you would have to come in to collect the tickets, before the day of the show as well?

Did I understand that right?

http://www.shetlandboxoffice.org/ticket-information

Tickets in envelope don't cost a pound, and I understood that card charges cost retailers a few pence?

Tickets in envelope don't cost a pound,

Hmmm I dunno, 60p for a stamp, plus the cost of the envelope, plus the time for somebody to write on the address, then walk to the post office and post it, then walk back again. Don't reckon I'd be doing it for less than a pound.

If you have a franking machine, you can get a discount on postage. Some business users have post collected.

I reckon Royal Mail is pretty good in Shetland - it sure as hell don't take 7 days for them to deliver, not even 2nd class ... so how many days does it take to process said ticket, shove it in an envelope, etc.? :wink:

Not a big fan of the ticket charges

£1.50 for online booking

I'm interested to know why this charge exists, since online sales generally have much lower overhead than manned telephones/premises, so generally companies want to push this and not penalise it.

I understand why ticketmaster etc. have a fee because they're selling on behalf of others, but this is venue direct.

The cost for sending them out has always been £1.

Very reasonable compared to other ticketing websites.

You can collect tickets from the venue. Any time I've done that, it's been as I'm going in for the event. So no, I don't think you have understood it right.

Try comparing Mareel cinema with a cinema on the mainland then, for example, Cineworld:

- 10% discount for purchasing online

- you can reserve and choose your seat(s)

- you collect your ticket when you arrive at venue from a machine by inserting your debit/credit card used to purchase ticket.

Of course, we couldn't possibly expect such technology from an establishment that cost £20 million now could we? :wink:

I reckon Royal Mail is pretty good in Shetland - it sure as hell don't take 7 days for them to deliver, not even 2nd class ... so how many days does it take to process said ticket, shove it in an envelope, etc.? :wink:

I think it rather depends on how many tickets you have to process, and how many staff you have to process them.

Here we go again - nothing better to do than find something to criticise - give it a rest for christs sake

What exactly cost £20 million - get your facts right

I'm more interested in what the ticket prices are rather than the booking fees/arrangements

Ah Shoogler, I see you are living up to your name too - fancy giving it a rest for your own name's sake? Once you wake up, you may realise that we are discussing what has to be factored in when purchasing tickets if you live outside of town and don't work in town.

And yup, you right - I should have said £12 million, not £20 million - ooops - but then, I'm not fully awake yet either. :wink: