Mareel - Cinema & Music Venue

madcow

The films here: http://www.mareel.org/watch/ anyone know what timeframe that covers?

Ah ha, www.mareel.org doesn't display correctly in Google Chrome ... but does in IE9 64bit - I was wondering why I wasn't seeing a load of stuff! I'll let them know via their survey button. :)

Edit: Scrub that - Mareel website asks you to notify them of any problems via their survey ... but the survey doesn't give you the option to add comments, only to answer the questions! :cry: Never mind, it is a test site at present.

Re: silver/gold tickets

Are these open to abuse? Could someone go to Isleburgh with their silver/gold ticket and ID, book a half dozen films, collect their tickets and then flog them at a profit?

The web site said you will need to show your ID, in person. Terms and conditions are not there yet, I would think they may have it covered now that you have warned them.

Ah ha, www.mareel.org doesn't display correctly in Google Chrome ... but does in IE9 64bit - I was wondering why I wasn't seeing a load of stuff! I'll let them know via their survey button. :)

It's working fine on Google Chrome with me.

Cheers for that - I'll try deleting histories, cookies, cache and all that 'under the lid' stuff then (again).

I also wonder how they go about knowing who is 'disabled' and is eligable for cheaper tickets? anyone know?

The good news is that on Mareel website, it states that for those claiming Disability Living Allowance, they can apply for a CEA card ...

... the bad news is that they've omitted the fact that on www.ceacard.co.uk, it states that in order to be eligible to apply, you can either be claiming DLA or Attendance Allowance.

Still haven't figured out how this works when booking online but hey, it is early days and if you ain't on DLA (which some disabled peeps aren't), you don't get the discount - but to be fair, SA have set the criteria now for Mareel.

Re all this talk of ID for the Gold/Silver cards - I really shouldn't laugh but I can't help but wonder about the scenarios concerning the Saturday Kids Club (Children under 8 must be with someone over 18 ). Other films after 7pm, no children under 12 unaccompanied.

Will it go something like this?

Teenager: Honestly, I'm 14.

Staff: Show me your birth certificate, you only look 11.

Teenager: My mum's got it for safekeeping.

OR

Staff: That's your brother's birth certificate. Got any photo ID? What year were you born?

Yeah I know, I know, commonsense should be applied and all that but still.

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

http://www.mareel.org/

What an appalling home page, its just a jumble of stuff, no structure, no clear navigation

Why are there no prices listed for the 'normal' film tickets other than in each individual film? so I have to look at each individual film before I know how much its going to cost?

Also booking films goes by the date of the month, so looking at the drop down list I have to know what date say this Saturday is before I can book - the day of week needs adding to the list I think.