Mareel - Cinema & Music Venue

madcow

^ Recent portrait is it Peat? You look quite fetching in pink, I must say. :wink:

It has been said a real man can sport pink. :wink:

SP, perhaps you could explain your fascination with Gynae and Obs, given the two photographs you have recently posted? How do these relate to Mareel?

The answer, you already know....

I type in a word describing the last post, click images, and hence the pictures you see.

They are reflection of some of the comments and a light hearted way to comment to foolish comments and posts that mean nothing. They also break the tedium.

I am really looking forward to my first visit to the Mareel, from seeing the comments friends make, I cannot wait. Alas, will have to.

The films I want to see are all being shown at stupid times!

I agree some of the films i wanted to see as well seemed to be on at odd times.

I was a bit underwhelmed with my first visit, it was nice but not as nice/special as i expected. The cinema was very good though, great clear picture and sound, plus lovely seats, but i guess anything was better than the garrison.

Anyone think the revolving door to get in goes at some lick! I dont know how someone who can not move at a good pace would get on.

I hope its a sucess though but cannot see it breaking even. Its a shame all the negative press it has got due to the ongoing sagas of problems which has not helped.

I'm with you whole-heartedly on the stupid times thing with the movies.

"The Dark Knight Rises" is being held for a second week...YAAAAY!!

It's being shown ONCE, at 9pm on Thursday night... :evil: :evil: :evil:

Who the HECK planned THAT one??? One of - if not the - biggest movies in the UK at the moment. A film that sold out every (stupid) time it was shown in the initial week? ONCE?? Man, these folk know a lot about running a business, supply & demand, etc... :?

And EVERY time it was shown this week has been apparently intended to discourage or prevent school kids from seeing it (with their parents, obviously, for under 12's). I mean, they know it lasts 2 hours +. I want my boy to see it with me, and to appreciate it where it is to be appreciated most, i.e. in the new cinema, but I am not keeping him out past 11pm for it, because these dolts cannot get their business act together.

My son has been looking forward to this for months. Thanks for nothing, Mareel. :evil:

You did read my post, right? :?

Booking early isn't going to help, in any way, shape or form. I know they all sold out, that was one of the points of my post. But it is a business, right? Think how much more they could make from showing it more than once.

Why DO the films start at such peculiar times?

Why do the listings not go out (even to staff) until the Thursday of the preceding week?

And I'm sure the adults who got to see the film are happy, but what of the kids, who - if their parents are minded like me - were not happy with the times, and so the kids miss out? (I'm not talking infants and toddlers, before anyone starts. It's a 12A, I'm a responsible parent, considerate of other cinema-goers, with a sensible boy who saw "TDK" and loved it)

I don't see any difference between Mareels times and any other Cinema, the films start one after the other, and aside from being logical I can't really see how else they could be scheduled :?

Remember this is all very early days, with everyone wanting to see what they consider the "must see" film of the summer. Its not like they are only showing that one film next week! Every day is full, and will be from now on (give and take training time etc during this initial period, obviously) and lets be realistic, films like The Dark Knight, Spiderman etc are yesterdays news now. Once the initial "catchup" blast is over and a more regular schedule is in place, I am sure the film times will be released a bit more in advance, but even the big cinemas only release thier schedules on a monday or tuesday a week in advance.

The main thing is to let them know, I am sure they will do thier best to accommodate the majority as best they can within the licences, as you say its a business.