Mareel - Cinema & Music Venue

madcow

• 3 weeks later...

I've been to Mareel twice now.

Once to the cinema - which in my humble opinion was all that we needed. It was a very pleasant experience, although 'Do not bring food not purchased at Mareel' is a bit of a cheek I think.

The second time was on Friday night to the auditorium for a Zumbathon in aid of Breakthrough Breast Cancer. The floor was sticky and in my opinion dangerous for a dance exercise class. The staff said 'It's been mopped several times, all we can do is apologise.' which at least acknowledged the problem - which apparently had been a problem for a week! I don't know if the problem is the type of flooring or what was spilled on it the previous Friday but I would suggest they need to get it sorted!

Not bringing in your own food is standard in any establishment that sells food and only fair. With luck it will keep down on the folk who used to come to the Garrison and share out - not kidding - a carrier bag of packets of crisps among them. The good thing about cinema food is it is designed to be non-noisy, and Mareel's isn't so oversized or expensive as most cinemas.

That said, it shouldn't be hard to sneak in our own food as long as long as we are discreet, quiet and tidy, and I may well be tempted to on occasion.

The second time was on Friday night to the auditorium for a Zumbathon in aid of Breakthrough Breast Cancer. The floor was sticky and in my opinion dangerous for a dance exercise class. The staff said 'It's been mopped several times, all we can do is apologise.' which at least acknowledged the problem - which apparently had been a problem for a week! I don't know if the problem is the type of flooring or what was spilled on it the previous Friday but I would suggest they need to get it sorted!

*Mareel have contacted me today to say that they will not be charging for the hire of the venue due to the state of the floor. So all hire costs can now go to Breakthrough Breast Cancer.*

:D

*Mareel have contacted me today to say that they will not be charging for the hire of the venue due to the state of the floor. So all hire costs can now go to Breakthrough Breast Cancer.*

:D

Thats excelent, so well done them. They need to get a propper scrubber and do the floors with that, mopping is never enough to get rid of beer stickieness. They also need to check before the next customers too.

I've been to Mareel twice now.

Once to the cinema - which in my humble opinion was all that we needed. It was a very pleasant experience, although 'Do not bring food not purchased at Mareel' is a bit of a cheek I think.

The ---snip---The floor was sticky and in my opinion dangerous for a dance exercise class. The staff said 'It's been mopped several times, all we can do is apologise.' which at least acknowledged the problem - which apparently had been a problem for a week! ---snip---

May be why you cannot bring in your own food stuff.

Every venue is the same, even the boat has a drink policy similar.

Stops the smell of King Rib suppers permeating through out the building.