Mareel - Cinema & Music Venue

madcow

Mareel August 2012

I must say, it looks absolutely stunning. Roll on opening night!

some of the photos look fantastic however not sure about the plastic coloured chairs.......

Not like you will be on them for long I would imagine, the nicer ones are there too.

The photos are great. There has been allot of thought put into this, from someone who has worked in film lighting and now audio production as a hobby, I am truly jealous. You lucky folk.

I've seen the photos and they look good, but then what else woud it be?

screen 1 is just like any other small cinema you would get up and down the country, nothing special about it, but just what we wanted big seats, whole for your pint, and a shop you can fill up on E numbers - perfict! Kind of off the peg, but good.

The age of the films will be crusial though for me if its more than 3 weeks old i'd rather waite for the dvd.

Now that we have photo evidence you can see that the seats in screen 2 are not exactly the same as screen one that was wrongly pointed out a few weeks ago on here. Smaller and closer together, and the music hall they are even smaller.

Can't waite to see all the events going now, and everyone can put their money where their mouths are. I will! Good luck to all staff conserned.

It is very interesting to go back to page one on this forum and see if the pardicted has comes true.

Hope they do not put on any foreign films with subtitles, how would those with Dyslexia and other similar (me included) get to understand what is going right.

http://www.motifake.com/image/demotivational-poster/small/0912/implied-facepalm-implied-facepalm-demotivational-poster-1259858393.jpg

How's about, instead of that, such films are advertised as such so that people like you know not to attend if they feel it would not be a life-enhancing experience.

I prefer Screen 2 from an access point of view.

Glad to see Mareel website is up and running albeit with old video clips ... guess the recent set of photographs show a staffroom because according to the Mareel work-in-progress video, the ladies' toilets' sinks are alongside the window which one can't help but ask the question - where's the mirrors gonna go then for when lippy needs to be re-applied?

The bar looks 'pretty'; in fact, most of Mareel looks 'pretty', as in 'trendy pretty'. How 'pretty' the white walls and furnishings will remain brilliant white remains to be seen (I'm glad I'm not a cleaner there as much of it looks like it'll be an absolute nightmare to keep clean).

I think jazz on a Sunday afternoon is an excellent idea in the bar but I'm struggling to envisage a packed out gig and how it will cope - women totter off to loo, would want to re-apply lippy (sugar, the mirrors are on the wall perhaps - right where other women are queuing), men go to the bar to order the drinks; head back along to seat in main hall smack bang next to mixer desk and hey ho, one knackered mixer desk - or perhaps there will be dividing screens either side of it? Here's hoping one of the late changes was moving the sinks in the ladies.

Minor details? Yes, but as they say, everything is in the detail.

Does it look like it is worth £12 million? On first glance, no, but I guess a lot of money must have been spent on technology (Cos it sure as hell can't have been spent on paint!).

Good luck to all involved on the opening night and the weeks, months, years, (decade?) to follow.

Now that we have photo evidence you can see that the seats in screen 2 are not exactly the same as screen one that was wrongly pointed out a few weeks ago on here. Smaller and closer together, and the music hall they are even smaller.

I was referring to the width & depth of the seats in Screen 2, and how much leg room there was between them and the next row. It's about the same as Screen 1. I'm perfectly aware they're a different colour and a slightly different design. That's not the crucial information though, is it?

The age of the films will be crusial though for me if its more than 3 weeks old i'd rather waite for the dvd.

They're on a 1st release circuit, so they should get new films as soon as they come out everywhere else. The Film Monthlies at the Garrison weren't. There you were depending on having an available print that co-incided with the monthly screening. And with two screens, the opportunities to show more films are greatly enhanced. They're planning on at least three screenings a day - every day in two screens. Don't see the logic of having to wait six months for a film on DVD because it's been out for more than three weeks though.

It is very interesting to go back to page one on this forum and see if the pardicted has comes true.

Once you cut through the vitriol and bullshine, you mean? :wink: