Mareel - Cinema & Music Venue

madcow

• 1 month later...

^ When did Isleburgh start doing licensed gigs? I've always had an impression of the place since it opened that it was essentially "youth" activities, and meeting rooms for things like the Camera Club and so on, unless maybe for "one off" things like the Folk Festival, UHA etc.

^ The trouble is when a place which isn't usually a venue puts on something like the above, its not one of the "usual suspects" where such things happen regularly that you do keep an eye on, and unless you happen to make a point of reading all adverts for everywhere every week (99.9% of which will be of zero interest), you run a good chance of not knowing.

Yeah, largely my fault I know, but reading pages of little squares every week almost all advertising boring things like Sunday Teas and Quiz Nights gets very tiresome after a few decades. A little more prominent advertising might pay off for both organisers and potential attendees.

• 3 months later...

^ When did Isleburgh start doing licensed gigs? I've always had an impression of the place since it opened that it was essentially "youth" activities, and meeting rooms for things like the Camera Club and so on, unless maybe for "one off" things like the Folk Festival, UHA etc.

Hmm, how long has the Folk Festival been at Islesburgh?  A long time, anyway.

Hmm, how long has the Folk Festival been at Islesburgh?  A long time, anyway.

The Centre has had many temporary licenses, it common knowledge if one cares to look it up,

That is a reasonable wage for the responsibilities. This will be a qualified operative with duties to train as well as prevent trouble.

WTH is your problem with that?

Considering its common knowledge that not all that long ago, a night on the door at one of several local establishments got you £20 in your hand, quite a lot of problem.