Mareel - Cinema & Music Venue

madcow

How aboot "Da White Elephant", only jokeing as I hope it does not end up as such.

White Elephant gets my vote, and I'm not joking. It'll have to be White Elephant V1.2 though....the original of the name is still sitting at Wilsness being even more white elephantish than it ever was, but after nearly 30 years folk get used to even the most abominal of white elephants and forget it's there.

I think we should keep it simple. 'The Shetland Arena' or something. It doesn't need to have art in the title. I also like 'The Shetland Opera House', but somehow I don't think that will happen especially now the bridge plan has been scrapped and plans for Lerwick to become the Sydney of the north have been shelved - for the time being. :D

Hiarta is too poncy. Nort Hansel is awful in my opinion as the very word Hansel makes me cringe. It's one of those cutesy, couthy Shetland dialect words that makes me want to be sick.

Luganeen:- A suitable term which incorporates Shetland dialect into the very core foundations of the building and its primary uses. Ear and Eye.

Cinemidder and muSIC Venue:- Once again incorporating Shetland dialect with the primary uses and not forgetting those who brought this wonder to us.

Deep Scene:- Incase rising water levels turn the establishment into a Cinema, Music and Snorkelling Venue.

Mutton Screen:- For showings of Lassie and other canine cinematography.

Fiddles R' Us:- A strong cultural link without forgetting those who brought this wonder to us.

Tunnel Vision:- For when your grandchildren ask you where the name came from.