Supermarkets in Shetland - prices, ethics and experiences

breeksy

Im not saying I support intensive farming But if it didnt have its place it wouldnt exist as it wouldnt have survived?

I think a good bit of its survival comes from mankinds ability to turn a blind eye to something that's morally wrong (depending on your morals :wink: )... so long as they get what they want.

In this case Tesco are turning a blind eye to how their chickens are reared as, especially given the media coverage of late, are their customers that buy them.

I agree entirely and to that end if their customers did not supply the demand for said produce they would not stock the item ?

So our lobbying friend from the Shetland Times "Stuart Dobson" is going t have t knock on a lot o doors a monday night t pit abody right on their morals !!!!

Mind on if he comes be social noo cup a tea and a Chicken Sandwich :)

Guest posiedon
ianboy1

So our lobbying friend from the Shetland Times "Stuart Dobson" is going t have t knock on a lot o doors a monday night t pit abody right on their morals !!!!

Well he certainly won't need to come knocking on my door regarding my ETHICS.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, there is no such thing as "cheap food" somebody is paying the price!

If it's not you at the checkout, then it's the farmer/producer/migrant worker.

Do you think if Tesco sells a tin of beans 10p less than anybody else, that Tesco are making 10p less than everybody else on a tin of beans? Come on!

I look forward with interest to what the local suppliers have to say about Tesco in a few months time.

Guest Anonymous

Bein da auld inveterate sausage dat I im. I'd laek ta tak a peerie meenit ta congratulate da shoppin public o Shetland on gettin whit dey wantid.

Ferkin Tesco

Loard bliss you aa, an lang mey your lums reek upo dir higher prices wans dir killed aff aa da idder shops.

:lol:

Bein da auld inveterate sausage dat I im. I'd laek ta tak a peerie meenit ta congratulate da shoppin public o Shetland on gettin whit dey wantid.

Ferkin Tesco

Loard bliss you aa, an lang mey your lums reek upo dir higher prices wans dir killed aff aa da idder shops.

Sounds as if Auld Rasmie still has a vested interest in one of Shetlands local businesses, but we must all remember this..............

local business owners have been driving Mercedes, BMW's and Porches for years plus owning holiday homes abroad, claiming the prices are high in Shetland because of the freight, times are changing, a big thank you to TESCO.

Ferkin Tesco

I'm still staying here and paying council tax and income tax to support my local community ... and you are supporting it .... how :?: :?

Can't wait to go shopping in Tesco. . . it will be almost empty; no checkout queues, no getting rammed up the bum with a trolley by an over eager shopper! Well, it WILL be empty won't it if all the people who don't want Tesco stay away?

How many of you guys have been at a checkout in the CooP, with, in your shopping basket the DEMON Drink....

lights flash, bells ring and all proceedings come to a standstill ....until.....

the empowered one presses the magic button combination on the cashiers till that allows "PURCHASE PROGRESS"........

answer to the delay would be.......

give the Supervisor a remote control handset to reset the register, result......

faster service, less walking for the Supervisor and more time lent beside the fag counter.

8am to 10pm Monday to Saturday and 9am to 8pm on Sundays. I think tomorrow the store opens at 9am.

Interesting to see that their "Value eggs" at 88p a half dozen are dearer than those in my local shop........when it comes to prices it has to be a case of "buyer beware".