Supermarkets in Shetland - prices, ethics and experiences

breeksy

Answer to a direct question..... "Shetland is further up the motorway than Watford but all mainland offers will still apply in Shetland"

That's not an answer I'm afraid. A simple yes or no would do.

"We're sorry but we just can't absorb the freight costs any more"?

That sounds so Shetland past, hence , Shetland has paid more for it's products.... in the blind belief it must be grateful that someone has made the effort to supply us with products having made that over burdened investment in the hope there is a profit at the end of it.

Where did you get that from? the bit you quoted was part of the same direct question. I just wanted to know if you could promise prices wouldn't get hiked by you in the future.

Shetland Soap is a product range that has the potential to become of National interest. not just in a local corner store.

Indeed. That wasn't your original question though.

If TESCO need to attract even more custom to their store, a petrol station will be in the equation, no matter what anyone says.

That's interesting to hear. A glimpse into how the tesco mind works. Especially the "no matter what anyone says".

Answer to a direct question..... "Shetland is further up the motorway than Watford but all mainland offers will still apply in Shetland"

That's not an answer I'm afraid. A simple yes or no would do.....YES

"We're sorry but we just can't absorb the freight costs any more"?

That sounds so Shetland past, hence , Shetland has paid more for it's products.... in the blind belief it must be grateful that someone has made the effort to supply us with products having made that over burdened investment in the hope there is a profit at the end of it.

Where did you get that from? the bit you quoted was part of the same direct question. I just wanted to know if you could promise prices wouldn't get hiked by you in the future.....No

Shetland Soap is a product range that has the potential to become of National interest. not just in a local corner store.

Indeed. That wasn't your original question though. " Shetland Soap has the values to make it big in UK retail....later

If TESCO need to attract even more custom to their store, a petrol station will be in the equation, no matter what anyone says.

That's interesting to hear. A glimpse into how the tesco mind works. Especially the "no matter what anyone says".

If people wish it...it will be done if people don't give a dang...so be it

Has the world ended yet?

Nearly been a week since Tesco opened. I though it would be sudden, fast and terminal.

http://www.theplace4.co.uk/elvisseeninbaghdad/tesco.gif

Get through the hype - just tell us straight why you hate them so much.

Guest posiedon
north

Get through the hype - just tell us straight why you hate them so much.

The most unethical company in the UK? Europe? the world? (OK they maybe vie for this position with the Catholic Church) but they are up there among the front runners. :evil:

north, do some research and then come back.

Look up Tesco and tax avoidance to get you started.

I'm almost 100% sure that the price of a 1 litre carton of Shetland milk in the Co-op has never been £1.04...

that's cos you're lookin at the wrong 1L carton....

took me about 2 seconds to realise what tesco has done here,

look at the price o da raem mylk, same as da blue in tesco

methinks it's just an admin blunder cos da raem mylk is always around £1.04 and dey got both at da same price ;)

MF

Edit: and this morning both are 82p

"Far from avoiding tax, Tesco is a top 10 UK taxpayer, contributing more than £1 billion to the Exchequer last year,"

This is Tesco's standard defence. However, this doesn't mean they're paying all the tax they're supposed to. Tesco rip off the British economy by quite a bit apparently.

And Tesco aren't contributing to the exchequer at all... that's the Tesco customers wot do that.

(under-ripe and so under-ripe it will never ripen even on sunny windowsills).

Slightly of topic I know but fruit does not ripen well on windowsills. The ripening process can be accelerated by using CO2. An easy natural way to do this is to put the underripe fruit in a plastic bag with a couple of slices of say an apple or a core and leave as the apple decays(turns brown) this gives of CO2 and will ripen the other fruit in the bag. It is not instantaneous and can take a day or so dependant on how underripe the fruit is.

Slightly more on topic , didn't Tesco have a shop in Shetland before where Boots is now?