Supermarkets in Shetland - prices, ethics and experiences

breeksy

I am happy to shop in Tesco and, yes, it would be great for them to open a fuel station. I would have thought that they would have done a deal for the Sound garage by now.

Al those opposed to Tesco - tough. Nobody forces anyone to shop there and you have the Co-op, Morrison, Sound garage, Toll Clock etc available if you want an alternative. We shop at Tesco once a week for 3 weeks and go to the Co-op the 4th week. We have been doing that since Tesco arrived and it works fine for us. We like the variety and the prices are fine. If they could go back to giving out Green Shield stamps then I would be even happier but, for now, the Clubcard gives a cashback in terms of vouchers which is good.

Tesco is also a big employer locally so that is also good news.

Have they started sellin local products, or, as with the beer, have to send it south to be labeled, and even though the brewers managed to please Tesco with the labels they now supply, still charged the same for a bottle??

Shetland lamb is fantastic, but not so good if it has to go south first...

Who ever trades from that site is a big employer, Tesco has not improved much here, shops can get too big, we can be happy with saving a penny or ttwo, but if they can appear to give so much back, how much is the product you buy really worth, and who has had to cut their prices to Tesco to give you a bargain....

the butchers has only just reappeared back in town, there is no way he can sell at Tesco prices...

Ooops a bit off topic...

Tesco Petrol is not that much cheaper than a good garage here....just cos it is a supermarket, dont mean you get VFM

All those folk living outwith Shetland, you pay substantionaly less for your fuel than us living here.

Whether you shop for food at Tesco is irrelevant in this case.

If Tesco can supply fuel at a cheaper rate this can only be a good thing, as they say, "every little helps".

And no i don't work for Tesco either.

I shop there cos their fresh fruit and veg is fresher and lasts longer than any bought anywhere else in Shetland.

Guest Anonymous
Why did a Mod merge this Petrol thread ? with supermarkets

Most likely because the mods decided that you, aka Tesco, should pay for advertising.

At least if you pay to advertise on Shetlink folk won't be quite so pidled off with you.