JAStewart

Where do you stand?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you stand?

• I believe in the christian god
    • I believe in another god
    • I am agnostic
    • I am atheist

Sorry, but couldn't do poll 'cos none of the options applied. I believe in something, but it's kind of my own homemade thing, nothing formalised.

Certainly, I try to live in a moral and principled manner but more so's I can live with my decisions than so's not to annoy some random deity. The problem I have with a 'higher power' type concept is the inevitable blame game scenario. I just couldn't subscribe to anything that promoted predestination-type stuff. My money's on good old cause and effect every time.

TBH, I 'm kind of envious of anyone with religious faith (of any flavour) - it must be a comfort in times of trouble.

Where do the "Don't Know's" go on this poll?

I don't believe in any God in any conventional or popular sense of the term, none of the available add up in my mind. I believe that there is not enough information available to humans to be able to make a reasonable judgement call on the subject. Whether this is simply because it isn't there, or because although there, we as a race, either collectively or individually do not possess the ability to recognise, comprehend and compute it, I don't know. But until such time as more extensive and compelling information, in any direction, is made available the only place I can be comfortable on the question is fence sitting.

I have read the bible (bored many a time on da boat), koran and torah. In the bible i liked the old testement but the new bit did nothing for me, as in most films the second was poor. Am i ment to belive that god turned fae a kick ass god to some pussy. I like the old version, thats a real god. I love the way that all the religions really belive in the same god but just argue on his prophits and how to worship etc. What a farce, god must be laughing. God is unloving and alien, all the rest is rubbish, why should he love his experiment, I belive in him in some factor but not in organised religions ideals.

Where do the "Don't Know's" go on this poll?

I don't believe in any God in any conventional or popular sense of the term, none of the available add up in my mind. I believe that there is not enough information available to humans to be able to make a reasonable judgement call on the subject. Whether this is simply because it isn't there, or because although there, we as a race, either collectively or individually do not possess the ability to recognise, comprehend and compute it, I don't know. But until such time as more extensive and compelling information, in any direction, is made available the only place I can be comfortable on the question is fence sitting.

You sound pretty agnostic to me! :wink: