Beards

Evil Inky

Men with beards are of the older generation, sailors, arty, or foreign. And the latter two are extremely suspect.  

28 members have voted

1. 1. Men with beards are of the older generation, sailors, arty, or foreign. And the latter two are extremely suspect.

• By Jove, old chap, you've hit the nail on the head!
    • Damn your eyes, sir! You're naught but a liar, a bounder, and a cad!

"Men with beards are of the older generation, sailors, arty, or foreign. And the latter two are extremely suspect."

Sounds like a definite slur on every Jarl Squad past, present and furture to me....Not that I mind in the slightest. :wink:

"Older Generation" - Define "older" please.

"Sailors" - Nope, definite landlubber here.

"Arty" - Uhh....Been accused of many things, but never that....

"Foreign" - Isn't everyone foreign to someone?!?

"....the latter two are extremely suspect." - Conclusion totally devoid of supporting argument.

Beards are a normal natural phenomena, 'tis those who hack, chop, clip, snip and generally abuse them who are the strange people, after all it is "self mutilation". :wink:

DISCLAIMER: I'll get off my un-PC, irreverent, sarcasm soapbox now.

Beards don't really mind them. I don't think folk that have beards are suspect I think maybe the odd one has tarnished the reputation mayhap - what do you all think of Noel Edmonds, Richard Branson for example :wink: . Best celebrity beard I think has to go to Brian Blessed.

A couple of years ago I headed home for holidays. Mam and Dad picked me up fae Sumburgh, headed to the bank afore getting the ferry home. The guy comes up and starts speaking to Mam while Dad is at the bank. I only realised it was me brother 10 minutes into the conversation as I hadna seen him wi a beard afore :oops:

At the end of the Up-Helly-AA season, there is a ritual shaving of beards.

It just occurred to me that this could be a marketing opportunity. I can see it now : Touristy pack - photo of Viking- axe aloft - fire etc. - "this pack contains a lock of genuine Jarls Beard, with the authentic smell of parrafin, smoke, rum & beer"

I think they would sell for aboot a fiver each!