Salutations from Ko Lanta, Thailand

Ally

Greetings Shetland brethern!

Just a quick note to say that, alas, I'll not be posting on Shetlink with the same (and arguably deranged) frequency as I have in the last year or so.

I've quit the job, the country and am now in Thailand, with a view to traveling the world in the style of Uncle Traveling Mat (google “Fraggle Rock†if that statement confuses you)

Since the local internet cafes seem reticent to fund my online rants (unlike my kindly employers at Napier university), you'll probably not be hearing from me for a while.

I will, however, pop in from time to time to see if the bridge from Bressa to Orkney has been built, if the North Star has been turned into a brothel, or if Chris Hodge has gone on a killing spree with an impossibly cheap spatula.

As I drunkenly tolds my colleageus at my leaving do a few weeks back - “I’d like to thank the Shetlink internet forum for helping my spend my time here so productivelyâ€.

Happily, they had no idea what I was talking about.

Love and Shrugs

Ally :lol:

http://www.phuket.net/images/visit/lanta1.jpg

Greetings Shetland brethern!

Just a quick note to say that, alas, I'll not be posting on Shetlink with the same (and arguably deranged) frequency as I have in the last year or so.

I've quit the job, the country and am now in Thailand...

So why is your location still listed as Edinburgh ? :)