Blackwood Distillers

clanchief

JAlter,

I'm not sure about this.

I have in the past invested heavily in this sector but the recent hullabaloo about our binge drinking culture may result in our populist government whopping a big slice of tax onto alcoholic beverages.

Now may not be the time to pour my savings away on a venture that, so far, has promised so much and delivered so little to the isles who's name it has taken as its own.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seeing as we are on the topic of Blackwood...has anyone seen the different brands of premium drinks they create. They are fantastic.

Good grief! What is it with you?

Right, I need help.

Possibly medical.

If anyone out there can help me here...that would be great. I am trying to find high net worth investors/angel investors/private investors/sophisticated investors who are interested in investing in beverage companies in return for an equity stake.

Your help will be appreciated

Investing in Blackwoods by any chance?

I think there was an independent newsletter you could have put this kind of crud into but it seems to have disappeared.

Seeing as we are on the topic of Blackwood...has anyone seen the different brands of premium drinks they create. They are fantastic.

Right, I need help.

If anyone out there can help me here...that would be great. I am trying to find high net worth investors/angel investors/private investors/sophisticated investors who are interested in investing in beverage companies in return for an equity stake.

Your help will be appreciated

To 'invest' money, most people (SIC excepted) would want a return on their money.

^^ What amuses me most with the potential "in-da-backdoor" advertising we've all let slip is the fact that should one do a Google search for "Blackwoods Shetland", Shetlink is on the second page linking directly to this thread ..... hardly the best advertisement ;)

In fact let's just do some Shetlink stylee marketing for them - arf arf

The first gin in the world using local botanical ingredients from Shetland, the islands lying at the far North of Scotland. Bracing, crisp and richly aromatic, Blackwood's Nordic Dry Gin includes wild water mint, sea pink, angelica and juniper berries picked on Shetland by local crofters as well as seven other botanicals from trading routes around the world. Gin has been smuggled, traded and illicitly distilled in the islands for centuries. This premium Dry Gin uses a local Nordic recipe reflecting the Viking origins of Shetland.

Winning taste

Prince of Wales samples Blackwood's Gin {graet muckle pictir o Charlie boyo wis here!}

Blackwood's Gin won the GOLD medal at the World Spirits Festival in January and the SILVER medal at the World Spirits Competition in March in San Francisco. Ideal in a gin & tonic, 60% of taste testers have voted Blackwood's Norse gin their #1 choice in blind taste tests and 80% placed it in their top two. This was against Gordon's, Tanqueray, Plymouth and Bombay Sapphire. This premium Dry Gin has all the aromatic richness of these classic gins plus has a surprising extra - the hint of the sea. All natural and all original.

Introducing Blackwoods distillers of Shetland - again apparently - though it must be said that "While Blackwood Distillers use as many local Shetland ingredients as possible, we currently produce our spirits on Mainland Scotland." *cough* that be Blackwoods of Shetland, Scotland that be! Do run over the other pages of this thread to see many peoples impression of Blackwoods Shetland Distillery?! *cough* where is the distillery again?

Blackwood's Gin is made with hand-picked botanicals that grow naturally around our weather-ravished islands. It has a herbal citrus nose which carries through to a super-smooth, fresh floral taste. It comes in traditional 40% strength and a superb limited edition 60%, which makes the world's best G&T. Refreshing Wild Water Mint and Honeyed Meadowsweet are gathered from around the freshwater lochs, the local strain of Angelica gives a dry earthiness to the flavour, Sea Pink flowers are harvested between the puffins on the clifftops of Eshaness and Sumburgh Head, and Coriander is grown under glass in the heart of the mainland. All Shetland botanicals are sustainably collected every summer, and distilled on mainland Scotland with other balancing botanicals. For example, the 2006 vintage features lime citus to enliven the bounteous herby harvest from that damp and chilly simmer. Blackwood's has won 11 international awards and has found fame and favour with gin fans across Shetland, the rest of the UK, and in 34 countries around the world.

Let's see if em search engine spiders sook us over to page 1 ?

http://www.thescotchblog.com/2007/07/whats-the-deal-.html

http://www.whiskychallenge.com/rumourmill/rumour0406.htm

http://www.whiskychallenge.com/rumourmill/rumour1607.htm

WHISKY RUMOUR MILL - 26 OCTOBER 2007

"Word reaches Rumour Mill Towers that Whyte & Mackay/UB are at an advanced stage of negotiations to buy Blackwood Distillers, who we've mentioned here before in less than flattering terms.

This was always the likely outcome given that Blackwood was clearly created for a trade sale. No doubt the shareholders will be happy and a big exit price can fund CEO Caroline Whitfield's divorce - this being the latest excuse offered by the imaginatively named 'Distillers' for the non-appearance of their Shetland distillery.

Whitfield is quoted in Shetland Today as saying: "The funding package we have is subject to me finalising my personal circumstances, in particular a financial court decree post my divorce."

"As I am a significant shareholder, albeit a minority now, the investors want to ensure that their investment is not subject to any wrangling in a divorce settlement."

Well, at least it's a new excuse and presumably will do until a sale goes through, when the story will change yet again. We wondered if Ms Whitfield will tell Whyte & Mackay where the mysterious Muckle Flugga whisky is hidden. Perhaps she's forgotten - we haven't heard much about this lately which, some would say, is a relief.

But, more seriously, the likelihood of the new distillery ever going ahead under Whyte & Mackay ownership would seem to be remote. Their press office wasn't returning calls on the rumoured deal……."

http://www.whiskychallenge.com/rumourmill/rumour2610.htm