I cant wait to see this film, it seems to have gotten good reviews. Has anyone seen it?

I have been interested in Sparta for ages and love the set up of their unique society. Trailers for the film look great and I hope it lives up to expectation.

On another note I see the Iranians are frothing at the mouth about the film. The film like the graphic novel it is based on says that it is only based on historic fact and is not a literal interpriatation.

It's out there on teh interwebs if you know where to look and can handle poor quality. The story is a tad slow to get going but once it does... there's no stopping it. The cinematography and blood splats are very enjoyable indeed 8) Not a chick flick.

@Twerto

The Odeon IMAX in Madchester is showing 300 from the 23rd. If you go see it I may have to kill you :wink:

I can't wait to see this film either - My tip for "Film of 2007" since last April! Off to see it a week tonight.

I know I'm stating the absolute obvious here, but if there is ANY way atall that you can see "300" on the big screen then please wait and do so. If ever there were a film geared towards "the cinema experience" then this is it, even moreso than "Lord of the Rings".

For people based in Shetland I would even recommend avoiding all pirates and bearing the pain of a seat in the Garrison Theatre for two hours when it comes up!

I saw that Tehran were unimpressed with the film, saying that it was preparing the American conciousness for an attack on the country? If I were Ahmedenijad I would focus my complaints a little more on those blueprints for attack that were doing the rounds at the Pentagon the other week... :roll:

I cant wait to see this film, it seems to have gotten good reviews. Has anyone seen it?

I have been interested in Sparta for ages and love the set up of their unique society. Trailers for the film look great and I hope it lives up to expectation.

On another note I see the Iranians are frothing at the mouth about the film. The film like the graphic novel it is based on says that it is only based on historic fact and is not a literal interpriatation.

If the Iranians don’t like it must be worth seeing

Where is the nearest IMAX anyway? Glasgow??

It is indeed Sudden Stop, but unfortunately Glasgow won't be getting a print, so Manchester might well be the closest IMAX that's showing it.

MANCHESTER!!! That's a long way to go (so's glasgow for that matter) just to watch a film. I wonder if I can convince the boss to send me on some obscure training course that'll take me south???

Haven't seen it myself yet, but everybody I've spoken to says it's really good.

Saw Matrix Revolutions on the IMAX a few years ago, I wasn't overly impressed with it. The images were a bit blurrier than a normal film screen because of the sheer size of the screen. Ended up with a sore neck by the end of it too, because you need to move your head around a lot more to look at different bits of the screen than you do with a normal cinema screen.

The bits where the POV camera was zooming through the tunnels were good tho, it tricked my brian into thinking I was actually moving at times. It's probably better with those 3D films that are actually specifically designed for IMAX tho.

Well I saw it on Monday, and have to say that, I though less than much of it.

It is not just historical fallacies, but a film cannot be held on visual aspects alone. A society of warriors, bred to kill or perish, talking about freedom?!!?!?!? like they even have an Idea of what it is? and Iran, er Persia? Evil hordes led by an effeminate 7 foot tall male amazon! Oh come on please. I think Sin City was a brilliant film but 300 is utter pap.

http://www.exile.ru/2007-March-23/war_nerd.html

Well I saw it on Monday, and have to say that, I though less than much of it.

It is not just historical fallacies, but a film cannot be held on visual aspects alone. A society of warriors, bred to kill or perish, talking about freedom?!!?!?!? like they even have an Idea of what it is? and Iran, er Persia? Evil hordes led by an effeminate 7 foot tall male amazon! Oh come on please. I think Sin City was a brilliant film but 300 is utter pap.

http://www.exile.ru/2007-March-23/war_nerd.html

It's an adaptation of a graphic novel. Since comics don't exactly stick to reality of course there's gonna be fantastical elements to it.

300 ain't meant to be an exact historical recreation - something the linked writer doesn't seem to grasp in the slightest. Bet he didn't like Braveheart either.

In the movie they were fighting for their freedom. Warriors can't do that? Or they can... but just not talk about it? :wink: