uninvited sales people campaign

vailron

I agree Njugle, it should be up to the individual whether they want to buy the goods or not, the stickers and signs are a good device for the elderly though who can use them to deter the sales people from making the intial contact and having the hassle of trying to get them to leave as we all know some of these people can be very presistant.

the best way to deal with the kind of folk who wont take no for an answer is to waste their time making them think they are going to get a sale, one double glazing company kept phoning and cold calling regulary over the period of a year, so eventually I said yeah come round and give us a qoute, so the guy came round and measured up and showed us all his sample windows after henting them in from the van, and qouted us 17,000 for 10 windows and a door, I said na yuns a bit steep, so three phone calls to "head office" and an hour later the price had dropped to 7 grand, at which point I said well I would of liked to buy the windows but you are obivoulsy a shower of bandits! there's the door you robbing git!, funnily I have never had a call from this company again :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We did have someone desperately trying to convince us we needed a conservatory - he didn't seem to notice that we were in an upstairs flat :lol:

so we said we were interested but would we need permission from the folks that lived below?

he didn't find it as funny as we did :wink:

Some of them really do ask for it, don't they?

My parents once had these Mormons come to the door who tried to flog them a copy of their Bible. When my dad tried to explain he was dyslexic and wouldn't be able to read it (which is partly true) they offered him an audiobook of it.

And then they wonder why people get so abusive with them?! :x

The best thing is to put one of those 'DOORSTEP SELLERS ARE NOT WELCOME' signs in your window, and if they ignore that, any action taken against them is their own fault.

We found a sure fire way of not getting a second call from the preachers..

Our old house had a back door that faced our neighours back door, and when a local group of preachers called, we both answered our doors.

My husband was in next door at the time and this really confused the caller and she said "I thought you were married to her" pointing at me, Husband then put his arm around our neighbour and with a very straight face said "it's ok they share me"

Exit one very clean pair of heels..... and no more calls.. :twisted:

Guest Anonymous

I had a phone call once from Scottish Gas, trying to convince me that they could save me a lot of money if I took both my gas and electricity from them.

After much sales talk from the nice young chap, I said that I would definitely sign up if he was sure he could save me all that money, and deliver my gas.

He was most of the way through taking all my details, when I asked him to confirm that he would be able to go to Rearo, get me a gas bottle, and deliver it to my door... :twisted:

I don't think he liked the way I had strung him along :lol: He hung up quickly.

Why couldn't the silly sod just check if there was mains gas in Shetland before calling :lol:

And as for the preachers who come to the door. Simply engage them in a theological discussion, by asking them to confirm that when Jesus turned the water into wine, he invented Home Brew.. :D

Da Auld Een

• 2 months later...

Sky are allways phoneing me to try and con me with some "great deal", they slammed the phone down on me the other day when they said it was sky calling and i butted in to say thanks you really are a great company how did you know i was just about to phone and cancel my subscription?

Speaking to my bro' last night and he was complaining that he'd just tried to cancel his Sky package and been given the 3rd-degree: "but why do you want to cancel? How about this package instead?" The numptie on the other end simply wouldn't take no for an answer and my bro' had to ask to speak to a supervisor in the end.

Very similar situation I had from them too - just wouldn't cancel the package without some 'leaving questionnaire', etc. So I said 'Fine'; hung up the phone, contacted online banking and cancelled my direct debit. Package was cancelled pretty quickly after that. :lol:

I tried to down grade my package and my brother tried the same with his and we both got the same. They would not let you just have it down graded. Asked you none stop questions about what you watched and bombarded you with "great" deals, which in reality and even pointed out to them really screwed you over in the long term. When pointed out they kept on acting like you were insane for not having the deals. It was like pulling teeth! They now phone me about every 3 weeks trying to sign me up for somthing!