Iran

Just as a slightly cynical aside, i found it something between ironic and contradictory that our gallant leader Mr Blair was on the news tonight outlining how deplorable it was that Iran was using the servicemen for propaganda, whilst himself using the servicemen for anti-Iranian propaganda, if you see what i mean.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure if this is worthy of another thread or not.. but i just couldn't believe my ears last night..

I had been out to see optimo ( which was pretty sharn IMO ) and now that it has become traditional.. I went for a kebab after it.. been standing in the queue for some time.. just to be woken out of me daze by some pissed up freak shouting abuse at Mr Turkish delight himself.. Not really believing the stupidity of this guys comments I payed more attention.. and to my astonished amusement he was shouting to Mr "Turkish" delight to "let our troops go and stop holding them prisoner.."

Left in complete disbelief at someone stupidity even when drunk, I was left think god no wonder the world is as troubled as it is when you have pricks like that mouthing off.

Yes, I remember being in a shop owned by a very cheery and helpful Pakistan family in Edinburgh when this auld drunken squelchy booble pop rumbles in just to shout abuse at the shopkeeper and his family about the 9/11 attacks and subsequent Gulf War and the like - basically culminating in they should all be shot and / or go back home etc. etc. Arab b'stards etc. etc.

The shopkeeper just sat there and took it ... but the auld squelchy booble pop hadn't reckoned on me delivering an absolute tirade of abuse back at him - carefully nitpicking out his utter stupidity. Needless to say he just stood there in shock and didn't know what to say! Me towering above him as well must have been very disconcerting too :twisted: and demanding he get the fopp out of the shop!

Ignorance is no excuse.

Just as a slightly cynical aside, i found it something between ironic and contradictory that our gallant leader Mr Blair was on the news tonight outlining how deplorable it was that Iran was using the servicemen for propaganda, whilst himself using the servicemen for anti-Iranian propaganda, if you see what i mean.

See exactly what you mean.

Cynical me finds it hard to believe that some people still accept as the gospel truth anything that the British and American governments declare. They're politicians FFS, wha wid believe onything dey say.

Before the release of the second letter Prime Minister Tony Blair said Iran's decision to show footage of LS Turney was a "disgrace".

"I just think it's completely wrong, a disgrace actually, when people are used in that way," he said.

"That's contrary to all international laws and conventions, and is not going to make any difference to us."

He added: "The important thing is we just keep making it very, very clear to the Iranian government it is not a situation that will be relieved by anything but the unconditional release of all our people."

Whilst the UK media, i assume with the governments approval, shows pictures of the apparantly happy, healthy, well fed prisoners tentatively awaiting a political resolution. Cripes she was even smoking a fag, that would be illegal in a TV studio here, it would be forbidden and she would be prosecuted! Meanwhile the context of the stories portrays an escalation in tension between the two sides.

If it is so wrong for people to be used in that way, moorit, Blair should not have submitted a public statement on interview about the footage. He should have merely commented on the ongoing diplomatic process, for instance, or accepted that the prisoners appeared to be in good fettle.

But i don't mind in the slightest if you don't agree with me.

I have to ask myself, what would happen if 15 khaki clad, gun-wielding iranians spent all their time navigating up and down our coastal boundaries in high-speed small vessels, with some doubt as to their actual location.

I'm not endorsing the behaviour of the Iranians, but a suspected aggressor is not met with much geniality here, or in the US either.

:?

penfold wrote;

I do not feel we as a nation should shy away from blatant acts of aggression for fear of making things worse or upsetting people at home.

Just as sexual repression can lead to aggression,

a culture of war can equate

intimacy with violence. Lethal weapons

are described in loving, phallic terms

We have transposed genital sexuality

onto a non-sexual object - the gun

This is pure fetishism.

AH HA!

KOYAANISQATSI wrote

This is pure fetishism.

AH HA!

KEEP TAKKIN DA TABLETS. I KEN ITS NO DOIN DEE ONY GOOD BUT IT MIGHT TAKE DY WYE AFF O DEE EVENTUALLY

honestjohndoe wrote

KEEP TAKKIN DA TABLETS. I KEN ITS NO DOIN DEE ONY GOOD BUT IT MIGHT TAKE DY WYE AFF O DEE EVENTUALLY

I'm no on tablets and you'll have to explain the way of me you wish removed.

If my last post caused you any offence then my sincere apologies it was in no way meant as an attack or slur on those who are gay and I'm sorry if you see it that way. I totally respect your personal choices and wish you the very best whatever way you take it.

KOYAANISQATSI wrote

This is pure fetishism.

AH HA!

I thought they had a uniform fetish as they kept the sailors uniforms :lol: :lol: :lol: