Clickimin Leisure Complex

Jimsie_Macmutton

I am interested to know what Shetlanders think of the Clickimin Leisure Complex. What complaints do they have (if any) and what suggestions do they have. Ideas are needed for the Sunbed area of the health suite as that as being changed around due to the lack of use of the sunbeds. any other comments about the complex? I want to see if others share my views.

Cheers fur noo all.

I think the click is a great complex. My main concern with the place is that most of the time that I am in, i'm using the main hall as part of a group and the changing rooms are too small during the 'changeover period' when people are changing to go into the hall at the same time as people are changing to leave.

I think it's a great idea to bin the sunbeds on the whole, it seems the best 'tans' come out of a bottle nowadays. Might be an argument for keeping one for winter UV absorbtion, not sure if that works??

Perhaps making a 'booth' area where professional masseurs could operate from would be good. The hydrojet massage is excellent and very economical, but you can't beat the real thing.

Another suggestion would be flotation tanks. Groovy. Not sure if you'd achieve enough sensory deprivation in the health suite area most of the time though. Certain times of day are really quiet, but evenings can be fairly busy.

Hmm, what else.....??

I think the Clickimin is excellent, all the facillities are excellent, the staff are excellent and there's no better place to hang out in the winter, especially the sauna/steam/spas. Excellent value for money too, if you think about it.

There is no wheelchair access to the main hall from the reception level - wheelchair users have to go outside to access the main hall. This is a disgrace and with the amount of money the Clickimin can seem to find for other stuff i.e bowls hall, squash courts, state of the art fitness equipment, booking software that costs thousands of pounds - you would think a platform lift down to the main hall wouldn't be too much to ask?

There is no wheelchair access to the main hall from the reception level - wheelchair users have to go outside to access the main hall. This is a disgrace and with the amount of money the Clickimin can seem to find for other stuff i.e bowls hall, squash courts, state of the art fitness equipment, booking software that costs thousands of pounds - you would think a platform lift down to the main hall wouldn't be too much to ask?

I agree with this completely, although I wouldn't say the equipment is 'state of the art' - if you mean the stuff in the Apex, and for £4.50 a pop, it's unbelievably expensive.

The rest of it is fairly good though for a place Shetland's size.

although I wouldn't say the equipment is 'state of the art' - if you mean the stuff in the Apex, and for £4.50 a pop, it's unbelievably expensive.

If you were to use this equipment down south you would have to be a member of a very expensive club or would pay far more than the clickimin charges. I don't think people realise how good clickimin prices are. For example the hydrojet which is priced around three pounds for a session can cost up to thirty pounds for the same machine down south. 4.50 is a very resonable price to use all the equipment available for an unlimited time. In my own opinion anyway.

although I wouldn't say the equipment is 'state of the art' - if you mean the stuff in the Apex, and for £4.50 a pop, it's unbelievably expensive.

If you were to use this equipment down south you would have to be a member of a very expensive club or would pay far more than the clickimin charges. I don't think people realise how good clickimin prices are. For example the hydrojet which is priced around three pounds for a session can cost up to thirty pounds for the same machine down south. 4.50 is a very resonable price to use all the equipment available for an unlimited time. In my own opinion anyway.

the apex is a rip off, no one really wants to be there for much more than an hour so thats a pretty steep price!

Edinburgh Leisure (Council Gyms), charge £6.60 for a gym visit, some of the private gyms charge £70 per month. The Apex is unbelievably good value, the equipment's decent as well.

The overall quality of leisure facilities in Shetland is amazing compared to the capital. Centres in Edinburgh are either Victorian era swim baths with a gym tacked on, or slightly newer ones which are more on a par with the late Fraser Peterson centre.

I think it would be good to have a sauna in the other changing areas so you don't have to go to the health suite, quite a lot of facilities south have this.

Private showers in the swimming area?

Cut staffing salaries. The swimming guards get paid a fortune for doing nothing. There must be 10 there for every swimmer on a Sunday