Dogs Against Drugs

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

To be honest, I always felt there was something a bit rotten about the slightly-too-enthusiastic approach which I've heard many a shrill shetlander voice loudly for this campaign.

A symptom, if you like, of the judgmental attitudes I've heard expressed by many locals who, on a whole, seem to be at lot less "love thy neighbour" and a lot more "has du herd about yun Jamieson boy? Dey reckon he wiz surely injecting yun heroin into the eyes O' lambs! Peerie mooty lambs i tell dee!! Absolutely Hailish!"

Has anyone here every actually taken drugs?

I have, but that doesn't count, as I'm only logged in as a guest, so I'm not exactly being very brave about it!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Anonymous

yeah, often the people invoved in the project do have that kind of us and them attitude, then so do the drug users...come on, how many drug users would vote for snifffer dogs?

Guest Anonymous
I always get worried passing the sniffer dogs. I've never taken drugs in my life, and am not planning to. But what happens if the dog takes a liking to me?! :D

David.

Then you'll have a new furry friend !

• 2 weeks later...
Only users lose drugs.

Yes, and that is EXACTLY the kind of unhelpful attitude that means we have three fooking dogs maurauding the Isles, sniffing innocent bystanders and generally hassling folk...get rid of em, as far as i know, there has been NO bust in Shetalnd accredited solely to the dogs.

It takes forty fooking grand to feed and kennel the little fookers let alone train them up...there are grannies and old folk by the hundred throwing money at them for the sodding dogs against drugs campaign and to be frank its made not a blind bit of difference to say levels of folk losing their way to smack. They are not a deterrent.

Generally the majority of folk who do take drugs get bored of them in time and move on along to a life of riley growing vegetables and running through the glens ( i jest ) - the dogs in themself irna harmful, but it seems to me that they are more likely to be used to get folks of an evening wandering around we bits n bobs in their pockets which then equals a stint in the Shetland Times and this does more harm then the drugs did in the first fooking place.

I say free them, free the little mutts to go sniff others dogs arses and overeat on pedigree chum to their dying day, then the oldies oh shetland can spend their hard earned cash on bannocks instead of thinking they are doing something to stop the evil drug pushers by flinging their spare change in yon bloody tins. Bah Humbug. Rant over. Cheerio for noo :)

Yeah my jewel

I think he likely was making a joke but i was feeling rather filskit and ranty yesterday thus couldna resist a peerie post against yon bloody drug dogs...poor dugs...let them go free free to the hills to chase rabbits and tak on! Har Har Har. Onywye, rant done, and back to the drawing board. Pip Pip for now. Teenie :lol: :lol: 8O :lol:

back to the dogs in hand .

I wrote a letter to the Shetland times that was publised about 6 weeks ago complianing about biased coverage of a trail involving the drug dogs and claiming that they were pointless but there have been no replies of support, so who exactly is supporting this charity?

And does this project have the support of the Shetland community at large or is it just some people with too much money thinking that they are doing good.

I agree with the dogs being here, I am not a drug user but I have close family members who are heroin users and I think any way of stopping trafficking of drugs must be used and I do support this charity when I can. People who use drugs don't realise how hurt their families are when they lie, steal and cause uproar within the family, in my experience drug users are selfish and any way we can stop this happening has got to go ahead.KEEP THE DOGS!