The Best Game you have played in or watched in Shetland?

penfold

Parish Cup has served up a few belters over the years but there can be few better than the 1996 final where Delting came from 3-1 down against Unst to take the game to extra time then went 4-3 down only to come back with 2 goals in the 2nd half of extra time to win 5-4.

Absolute classic, made even better by the huge crowd at the game.

Unfotunately I didna manage to see yun wan, the one that sticks in my my was the southend Utd v Burra parish cup game fae 2003, it had it all goals entertaining play, extra-time coudnt even separate the teams, and the penalty shoot out ended 11-10 to southend after some well taken penalty's and some good saves from both keepers, well worth the entry fee :)

The Island Games football final. Great game to watch and made all the better with 4/5000 people watching.

The Shetland vs Orkney mens volleyball game at the Island Games was cracking to watch too. Although Shetland lost in the end, they did pick up their first set of the whole competition.

Good choice Penfold. Very good game to play in as weel. A lot of very good players on show that night in both teams.

Thistle 3 v 2 Whalsay League Decider can't remember the year. That was a great game with a massive crowd.

As far as the Island Games went the final was great but I thought the game against the Isle of Man was better.

I did think about the Isle of Man game actually. I don't remember it being a particularly attractive game, but there was a "nervous buzz" around the Gibbie at the time.

Thistle 3 v 2 Whalsay League Decider can't remember the year. That was a great game with a massive crowd.

2000 i think.

Last years Parish Cup semi between Whalsay and Delting was pretty good, there were scorching free kicks, injury time goal, missed penalties galore then 2 extra time goals sealed a 4-2 win for Whalsay, i was knackered just watching it!

Thistle 3 v 2 Whalsay, league decider in 2000 was the best A-league game ever i've seen.

Shetland 1 v 0 Isle of Man in 2005 was a maybe a better match than the final.

Brian Flea (Cunningsburgh) v Kevin Flea (Southend) in the Southern League was a classic!

Isle of man semi final was pretty incredible! I doubt if that level of tension will be seen for a long time at a Shetland game.

Completely off the subject, what's happened to the Highland Fuels this season?

im guessing nothing due to the fact the league starts 2 weeks on friday

• 5 months later...