Alternative Energy Production - Tidal / Wave etc.

mgb2010

GENTEC venturi uses tidal stream to heat water, to make steam to run steam turbines too ...........so why does the average blogger have difficulty with GENTEC venturi ....it is really that simple.

So far you have informed us your invention uses an unspecified number of barges of unspecified dimensions/tonnage supporting an unspecified number of "turbines" which harvest motion energy from tidal in an unspecified way. This harvested motion energy is then used to heat water in an unspecified way, which will be stored in an unspecified number of modular thermal stores each with a capacity of 8 tons, possibly on barge (will affect barge dimensions/tonnage and consequently mooring system/capacity requirments significantly), or possibly elsewhere (requires some sort of unspecified site with unspecified constructed storage facility). Either way, either your hot water, or your unspecified nature harvested energy needs to be transferred ashore, again the means by which this is to be done is unspecified. Once ashore your stored hot water is to be used to produce electricity via an unspecified number/dimensions of steam turbines which will require some sort of unspecified site with unspecified constructed operating facility.

Maybe your average blogger is having a problem seeing how "a" becomes "b" becomes "c" ad infinitum, with so much of the actual practicalities and mechanics of process as yet unspecified. Just a thought.

I have an unspecified lifetime yet to live so I do not want to waste it on average bloggers without a scrap of technical knowledge - for example the hot water in the thermal stores is not used to make the steam - the heat in the water is removed by means of a heat exchanger. D'oh.

That is why, if Shetlanders will show a real interest in Gv by paying my fare, this system cannot be explained using the written word because somebody somewhere always makes dodgy assumptions!

12 March, 2007

ON PAGE six of The Viking Energy Prospectus that dropped through Shetland's letterboxes recently, a frequently asked question posed is: "Why not build just enough windmills to make Shetland self-sufficient in energy?"

Not surprisingly, the response to this idea included the phrase "the present inabilityto store power once generated." The start of the response says that "a mix

of generation types is required," and goes on to say: "In the future, it might be possible to store large amounts of electricity in some kind of "large battery" or as hydrogen...the council is considering this sort of technology and may conduct a trial."

I want to ask the council - "Why not trial GENTEC venturi for starters, or at least arrange to evaluate the proposed technology?"

GENTEC venturi is a novel power-generation technology which stores large amounts of tidal energy in a large thermal battery before it's converted to grid quality electricity. A few GENTEC venturi power barges moored in the Sound of Bressay would not only generate, from storage, all of Shetland's electricity, but provide cheap, non-polluting district heating to the whole of Lerwick. A "mix of generation types" would then no longer be required, thus making the Gremista power station and Burradale wind turbines obsolete.

If the SIC, or any interested party, could send me a boat ticket I will return to Shetland gladly. I am prepared to give a series of open-to-all presentations on how GENTEC venturi works and how Shetland can, by selling non-intermittent synchronous electricity to Scandinavia and Europe via a high voltage direct current (HVDC) link to Norway, become the wealthiest island community in the world.

Yours sincerely,

Andrew H Mackay

Greenheat Systems Limited

Tain

Ross-shire

So it has now become clear that Shetlanders are going to get their wind farm after all and that other alternatives are not going to be explored. SIC is already spending a lot of money on promoting this soon to be obsolete machinery on the premise that this is 'proven' technology that can never be superseded.

So something like £billion will be spent, including the interconnector, and what does Shetland and the planet get out of it? Well practically nothing. For the cost of one of the last great winderness areas left in Europe you will still need to import oil to run your power stations because, as I understand all of the green electricity will be going south.

If any company was going to spend £1billion it needs to be pretty sure that there is no better technologies out there that will make their silly windmills obsolete.

There already is ......GENTEC venturi....... and even that will be superseded in the future too.

Ostriches, sand!

Maybe your average blogger is having a problem seeing how "a" becomes "b" becomes "c" ad infinitum, with so much of the actual practicalities and mechanics of process as yet unspecified. Just a thought.

Just a thought as an aside - this isn't a blog and we aren't bloggers!

12 March, 2007

GENTEC venturi is a novel power-generation technology which stores large amounts of tidal energy in a large thermal battery before it's converted to grid quality electricity. A few GENTEC venturi power barges moored in the Sound of Bressay would not only generate, from storage, all of Shetland's electricity, but provide cheap, non-polluting district heating to the whole of Lerwick. A "mix of generation types" would then no longer be required, thus making the Gremista power station and Burradale wind turbines obsolete.

If the SIC, or any interested party, could send me a boat ticket I will return to Shetland gladly. I am prepared to give a series of open-to-all presentations on how GENTEC venturi works and how Shetland can, by selling non-intermittent synchronous electricity to Scandinavia and Europe via a high voltage direct current (HVDC) link to Norway, become the wealthiest island community in the world.

Yours sincerely,

Andrew H Mackay

Greenheat Systems Limited

Tain

Ross-shire

Will you bring a working model which proves that your invention can transform tidal energy to heat?

this system cannot be explained using the written word because somebody somewhere always makes dodgy assumptions!

Perhaps it's because your descriptions of how your system works leaves so much open to assumption and interpretation. Everything can be explained using written word, and if not, post another pie-chart!

Hit us with it. Describe in length and detail exactly how this system works, as you have yet to do. Surely you must have done this before somewhere?

Even a battleship has a written manual(!), and as you said -

......so why does the average blogger have difficulty with GENTEC venturi ....it is really that simple.

I have an unspecified lifetime yet to live so I do not want to waste it on average bloggers without a scrap of technical knowledge - for example the hot water in the thermal stores is not used to make the steam - the heat in the water is removed by means of a heat exchanger. D'oh.

That is why, if Shetlanders will show a real interest in Gv by paying my fare, this system cannot be explained using the written word because somebody somewhere always makes dodgy assumptions!

What makes you think everybody here has a lack of technical knowledge? You seem to have wasted a lot of time on here not telling anybody very much. People are sceptical and always will be unless they can be shown otherwise. D'oh.

I have an unspecified amount of money left so I do not want to waste it on average inventors without a solid product. This system can not be explained because somebody somewhere always makes dodgy inventions.

Will you bring a working model which proves that your invention can transform tidal energy to heat?

Turbine in the water converts kinetic energy into electrical energy; the electrical energy heats the water by immersion heaters - a good example of this would be an electric kettle - very efficient operation - do I need to bring a kettle then?

I find it quite interesting that I was sent a ticket to go all the way to Canada earlier this year but nobody will pay my fare to Shetland!

I was under the impression that you've already given this technology to some other island community, so there's nothing we could do to convince you to come here. Besides, we're all too stupid to understand your invention anyway. :(

Ultimately, if you are correct, and I hope you are, then the world will benefit enormously eventually. Shame that Shetland missed out getting in early, but c'est la vie. The end result will be the same.

Turbine in the water converts kinetic energy into electrical energy; the electrical energy heats the water by immersion heaters - a good example of this would be an electric kettle - very efficient operation - do I need to bring a kettle then?

I find it quite interesting that I was sent a ticket to go all the way to Canada earlier this year but nobody will pay my fare to Shetland!

I seem to remember that you used a kettle the last time you were in Shetland to demonstate Gentec Venturi. Have you actually built a working prototype? Because it is all very well explaining things in your, erm, unique style, but until people can actually see the thing function I don't think you will get much enthusiasm.

Come on, sombody give the guy £50 to come up to Shetland. We could all share the price of his fare. It could be a Shetlink sponsored tour of the isles.

Ok, I will put in £2, just to speed things up a bit. We'll need a few more contributions. Lets see if we can get the cost of his ticket by Monday.

Edit: Hey, £10 ^^^ that's just showing off. Not sure I'm that keen. Let's say £5. What are we up to now?