Baked Tattie Fillings - Mmm Hot Tattie

Tomblands

[mod edit - title changed to include - Mmm Hot Tattie - on 24/04/09]

As I am planning a baked tattie for my denner, I thought I would make a thread about tattie fillings. This won't be as good as my sandwich thread, probably because I don't have as much love for baked tatties as I do for sandwiches but I think it's worth a discussion at least.

My 2 favourite fillings are -

Beans, Cheese and Bacon

and

Egg Mayo and Cheese - although it's important that the egg mayo is made with actual mayonnaise, and not that salad cream nonsense...which is the road my local baked tattie emporium go down.

I'm feeling a chilli filling today, but I just don't know.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the cheese, beans & bacon but I'd add a little bit of finely chopped onions into the mix. Smoked sausage occasionally replaces the bacon if I fancy a change.

When I'm making my own at home I like cheese with a stir fry vegetable mix consisting of spring onion, peppers, cherry tomatoes, broccolli & courgettes. With a side salad and dressing it's scrummy.

All this talk of food - I feel a mid afternoon blood sugar slump coming on............!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

1) beans and cheese (hot beans on top of the cheese) if it's cold out (or I've had too much to drink)

2) cottage cheese and pineapple if I'm feeling fat.

I haven't been adventurous enough to try anything else, I'm a stickler for eating the same thing at each of the different places I frequent.

A baked tattie with freshly roast chicken and salad is tasty.

Tuna, cheese and hot sweetcorn is also pretty good after a few pints!!

My old fav from the tattie shop before the new owners, was chicken supreme!!! Mmmmm, I was soo upset when home for a hol and no chicken supreme :cry: :cry:

Chilli con carne and cheese.

Mince (really this is just mince and tatties but it looks differant)

Tuna Cheese and hot beans.