Dog fouling

peeriebryan

Should people who let their dogs foul be prosecuted  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Should people who let their dogs foul be prosecuted

• Yes
    • No

^^ Well, I'm so selfish and lazy and have arthritis that I can even be bothered to go back the next day when it ain't blowing a gale and pick it up! Hope that meets with the grass cutters' approval. Mind you, it can be a bit of a job avoiding the sheep poo down here.

Well... I am most surprised you keep this breed of dog with your ailments :!:

This breed is best suited in a house with a well-fenced secluded yard. The owner of a Chinese Shar-Pei should be a strong, commanding no-nonsense leader who desires a protective, highly discriminating, territorial dog that will be at best reserved with strangers. The home should be quiet and predictable. Children will not be tolerated and could get badly hurt, particularly if roughhousing occurs. The elderly and the disabled should not consider this breed. Time to train, socialize, and exercise this breed must be available.

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ Nice to know that you are fully aware as to how many days of the year people with arthritis have flare ups.

Thankfully, the Shar Pei Club of Great Britain vetted both myself and my husband thoroughly plus also contacted our vet. But hey, after having a rotweiler that was a rescue dog until she was 12 years old (we got her at 4 after having no training and spending 2 of those in kennels); we obviously have no experience with dogs whatsoever.

But what do shar pei have to do with this thread on dog poo?

Edit: Oh I forgot - there is a difference between horsecoats and brushcoats, especially in temperament but then no doubt you know that. :wink:

don't worry its not you. look at the end of the last page. there is someone with an issue with another linker this is there 3 attack that i know of. this is just bullying by another method.

i'm not quite sure what you mean by this if it is aimed at me, i'm totally new to this site(third post i think). I have been reading its contents for a while though.

it was a genuine request for advice, infact i originally posted in the consumer advice section but it was merged into this thread.

Just because you have posted so many times what gives you the right to judge and comment in that manner, is that not a form of bullying.

If your post was not aimed at me it matters not you have managed to intimidate me.

Oh and just for the record my initial post was based on fact, not fiction.

don't worry its not you. look at the end of the last page. there is someone with an issue with another linker this is there 3 attack that i know of. this is just bullying by another method.

i'm not quite sure what you mean by this if it is aimed at me, i'm totally new to this site(third post i think). I have been reading its contents for a while though.

it was a genuine request for advice, infact i originally posted in the consumer advice section but it was merged into this thread.

Just because you have posted so many times what gives you the right to judge and comment in that manner, is that not a form of bullying.

If your post was not aimed at me it matters not you have managed to intimidate me.

Well then Doris, as you state you are in Virkie, perhaps you might care to pm me so that I can be neighbourly and accompany you and pick up the dog poo you have stated to have seen in our lovely neighbourhood, and I'll quite happily contact Environmental Health first thing on Monday morning to advise of a problem (allegedly) down here.

Edit: Naturally, I or you can photograph its location first.

^^^^

I asume from the above and previous posts you believe my post to be about you.

The orginal post was to ask for advice on how best to deal with the matter. As you have said on several occasions you dont do this so why be so defensive, you have nothing to be concerned about do you.

I am reluctant to go to the authorities because it is not in my nature to act in such a manner. I will take on board your suggestion about taking photo's.

Is in normal for this site to be so aggresive, surely all are entitled to an opninion.

^^^^

I asume from the above and previous posts you believe my post to be about you.

The orginal post was to ask for advice on how best to deal with the matter. As you have said on several occasions you dont do this so why be so defensive, you have nothing to be concerned about do you.

I am reluctant to go to the authorities because it is not in my nature to act in such a manner. I will take on board your suggestion about taking photo's.

Is in normal for this site to be so aggresive, surely all are entitled to an opninion.

DD, you did not suggest shar pei but did say "they" were large and tan coloured. As it happens, I do know of another tan coloured dog (singular) around here. Also, Ghostrider suggested that as Virkie was quite a large area, perhaps you could be more specific regarding the area where you saw this dog poo.

Welcome to Shetlink.

Guest Anonymous

Shetlink is the most aggressive forum that I have ever been a member of.

Unless you're prepared to shoot first and ask questions later, it's a bummer.

Or, in the case of this thread, 'S**t first and ask questions later' :wink:

And the response was genuine advice, the rest of us who live at and frequent Virkie know up to a point who owns what dogs, and the locations where they typically walk them. If you genuinely want advice about a problem, identifying general areas so that the rest of us with the knowledge can know the terrain and the possible dogs/people involved, and advise accordingly. Somebody that typically walks their dog(s) in and out past the Eastshore is an entirely different person, and its entirely different terrain than somebody who does the same thing between Toab and Hestingott, or between the hotel and the club.

By not commenting upon advice already offered, your posts so far come off as evasive and intended to give the subject more mileage without progressing it forward.

If this alleged problem really exists identify the approx stretch of road, or take a pic and post it, so that the rest of us can judge for ourselves its severity. Without some tangible physical evidence, there is nothing to go on.

I only asked for advice. now i'm being accused of being a lying bully. maybe i should add that i'm not saying one person/dog is responsible for all the mess this was just the last person I saw.

As you know the roads, paths around the village so well im somewhat amazed you have never seen 'the evidence'.

Why am I the guilty party here.

Guest Anonymous
I only asked for advice. now i'm being accused of being a lying bully.

On Shetlink you have to be able to out bully the bullies, and there are too damned many of them to make it a fair fight. The only post you can possibly make on this forum, which won't come in for criticism, is a picture of a fluffy kitten, because as we all know, bullies are a bunch of pussies.

Not that I'm agreeing with you, and not that I'm agreeing with any other poster on this topic, or any other topic. I'm just 1000% pissed off with the vehement nature of Shetlink in general.

As I've said before, many times, it's a complete embarrassment to Shetland.

Guest Anonymous

Its hellish bad for point scoring n taking sides yes, but obvious thing is to do is ask nicely to sihte the dug off the path , n then take it forward from there. Awful carry on

I only asked for advice. now i'm being accused of being a lying bully. maybe i should add that i'm not saying one person/dog is responsible for all the mess this was just the last person I saw.

As you know the roads, paths around the village so well im somewhat amazed you have never seen 'the evidence'.

Why am I the guilty party here.

Ummm.....I don't know who accused you of being a lying bully, I don't recall using those words. However since you bring it up, despite what you say above, your original post said ".....there is a dog owner who persists in letting their dogs do their business without bothering to clean up the mess".

Tell me how I'm to understand that to mean anything other than, one person repeatedly allowing their dog(s) to foul somewhere in the Virkie area? Yet, you're now saying that you've just seen this person allow their dog(s) to foul once, in an area where there is other dog fouling visible, but which may have been caused by other dog(s). It would help if your story remained the same, repeatedly fouling by one culprit needs addressing, having seen one person doing it once, and assuming all other visible fouling in the general area is their fault as well, isn't worth anything.

The roads round here regularly have single doos of dog, cat, horse, sheep and cow sh*t on them, I don't acknowledge it, I simply step over it. But if anyone is making a point turning a certain area in to a midden, it would be best to prevent it happening before it becomes obvious. Without an approx location for where its allegedly happening though, there's no way of either getting a second opinion, or taking action against it, until it does become that obvious midden that the rest of us can easily find too.

I'm trying to give you the benefit of the doubt here, but by ignoring advice/requests intended to help, and now playing the victim you're not helping your case.

If you have a problem with dog fouling in a certain area of Virkie, what is the problem with naming the stretch of road so that other folk who live in the area, like me, can be forwarned and take whatever action we may deem appropriate.

Certainly, I could go out and check along both edges of all the roads and paths in the Virkie area to either locate the spot of which you speak, or not as the case may be, but I really do not think wasting the time and energy it would take to go around them all is worth it over dog sh*t, especially not when someone here apparently knows the exact spot.