149 members have voted

1. 1. Should people who let their dogs foul be prosecuted

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Before accusing folk, generally the law applies to 20/30/40 mph roads. So it is ok on a road above those limits, here anyway. I would guess elsewhere too.

I don't think the original poster mentioned roads?

:roll:

OK you try and find two independent witnesses and a copper who is interested.

What did the Council say when you reported it, I would guess they would monitor the area. Not really a Police matter. Here, the council will put up signs to indicate to folk that complaints have been made and the area is being monitored. As you seem to know the person, are you mikeyboy not now duty bound to report them, I think you are. You have the solution already.

Sorry you were the one that started havering on about roads and speed limits. I know the bit of pavement the person was talking about.

I'm not duty bound to do anything. You can think what you want.

Before accusing folk, generally the law applies to 20/30/40 mph roads. So it is ok on a road above those limits, here anyway. I would guess elsewhere too.

I don't think the original poster mentioned roads?

:roll:

OK you try and find two independent witnesses and a copper who is interested.

What did the Council say when you reported it, I would guess they would monitor the area. Not really a Police matter. Here, the council will put up signs to indicate to folk that complaints have been made and the area is being monitored. As you seem to know the person, are you mikeyboy not now duty bound to report them, I think you are. You have the solution already.

Sorry you were the one that started havering on about roads and speed limits.

:lik:

as the person who is a repeat offender, it seems, might have already been warned about her refusal to clear up after her dogs and just doesnt care.lets be clear about the facts,what is the comments about road speeds all about?...as I said she was on the pavement and grass not the road and was able to clear up after her dog.if her dog was to crap in the middle of a busy road I,or anybody else,would not expect her to put herself in danger just to pick up some dog crap!!also she isnt the only dog owner in the area who cant be bothered.

Yet you know the offender! Gonna wait fof someone else to do it?

Dog mess has been known to cause blindness in children if contaminated.

:shock:

No I never said that. I said I know who she is.

I have been down this route already. If you don't have witnesses then it is your word again theirs. If you push the issue you are accused of harassing the person.

In my experience the council will talk the talk but do nothing apart from putting signs up and promising to send out a warden more often.

If you report it to the council, you have done your civic duty. You can then monitor this. Failing to report it because you think that nothing will happen is a cop out I think. Espacially as you have made a point here.

Thats your opinion.

I know nothing will be done as I have been in this position before. Have you?

Next time I see her I will report her and we will see what happens.

also if you try to take photos or film the offence as it happens you run the risk of being called a perv!

Photographing anyone, fully clothed, should be no problem at all. As this woman has been warned, why not video it and take it to the police? If she cares so little about her actions, put several days worth on a DVD and hand it in :D

i dont own aa dog i have no need of aa dog as far as i can see they bite at wan end and crap at the other so if your no standin in it your gettin bittin by it . there is aa good place for all non workin dogs but unfortunately da hole is not been dug yet . bring back da dog license and heavy fines for fouling

also if you try to take photos or film the offence as it happens you run the risk of being called a perv!

I'd rather be called a 'perv' than a 'pervert' :wink:

Seriously though, responsible dog owners do clear up after their mutts. Having been at the end of a vindictive complaint whereby somebody tried to make out that they had spotted my ex-hubby to be walking the mutts at X time in the morning (Impossible, he was fast akip at the alleged time, as were the mutts and the other time given he was at work), I know what the SIC procedure was at that time (I hope it has changed).

Complainant phones in and doesn't have to give their telephone number. They make out they live at X address and are called X - brilliant, anyone can get that info from the electoral roll or off an internet directory search. SIC then send letter out to alleged offender. They don't check by telephoning back NOR do they check if the address given is actually occupied. So somebody can make out they live at an address which they've seen advertised as vacant and for sale in other words ...

Have more dog wardens. Have more dog poo bins. The only time (twice) I haven't picked up poo is in the middle of a gale late at night when dog poo'd in long grass and as they always poo in the same blooming spot, I went back the next day and picked it up. Hell, I even picked up the beer can that some irresponsible tosser had left. I for one end up picking up dog crap that others have left around here and yes, if I see anyone leaving their dog crap, I shove a dog poo bag in their hand.

Torchboy, dogs can be good for humans, they are used as petting animals for folks with all sorts of problems. The company they provide may be just enough to keep someone smiling.

I sometimes feel UL that even the Mysterons may have something to do with the reporting system. I am sure a letter to the council will confirm this. The same letter could highlight the trouble the Mysterons have caused and could, with consensus be banished back to Mars.

It does seem that the procedures are odd for Council stuff, but, with the Community Involvement being trumpeted you may personally, along with other folk be able to sort out these odd systems, you don't have to mind.

The best way should be to write an open letter to the Times, may be the News, though they have been known to change the wording on some of their news where as hard print is more difficult to do.