Dog fouling

peeriebryan

Should people who let their dogs foul be prosecuted  

149 members have voted

1. 1. Should people who let their dogs foul be prosecuted

• Yes
    • No

your meant to keep your dog on a lead. which is a shame if they are well trained and going for a walk. my dogs on the other hand would walk better off the lead as they rip my arms off when im walking them on lead(which we always do coz wee gotta) and the worst thing being....one of them is a puppy. One place that I noticed that dog owners leave dog poop....The museum and Buildbase. Now that annoys me sooooooooo much. For all you dog owners that are not responsible and good (like me, hehe) PICK IT UP!

• Replies 394
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the rules for a dog on your land? I know if its in with sheep you can shoot it, but what about other times? Can you hit it with a stick to chase it off etc?

No you can't whack it with a stick. You have to abide by statute and can't do anything which would be regarded as animal cruelty.

With regard to dog fouling referred to above, there is already the Dog Fouling (Scotland) Act in place. I understand the whole reasoning behind the trial (yeah, the pink spray was allegedly a trial for a few weeks - are they still spraying now?) as the dog warden never catched those dog owners not clearing up after their mutts.

• 2 weeks later...

I think spraying the dog poop pink was such a stupid idea!

And these are my reasons why:

1 - its not even a nice colour of pink

2 - its leaves the spray paint on the pavement even when the poop is gone!

3- my 2 and a half year old niece was attracted to the colour and tried to pick it up!

4 - whats the point in spraying it if the person isn't around to get embarassed?!!

5 - waste of time

6 - waste of money

i'm sure i had more but can't think right now...but yeah, thats what i think :)

I live next door to the fish factory in Blydoit and there is this big patch of grass next to the new housing estate and loads of people take their dogs for a walk there and play outside in the sunshine. The most annoying thing of all is that a lot of dogs poop and pee there and 1 in 2 people (in my opinion) just turn around and never look or pick it up, and also children ride their bikes and play frisbee there.

Actually, it is very appalling, these people just don't look after their pets, they think they are their children and shouldn't do that sort of thing in public. It just annoys and that it makes me feel like I'm on the edge of calling the enviromental health service, this is not on at all.

if it bothers you THAT much...why dont you pick it up yourself?

I think you are missing the point. Doglover shouldn't have to pick it up. Besides, where I lived previously, if I had gone around picking up everyone else's dog doobies it would have been a full time job!

I would phone the Environmental Health Service but don't be surprised Doglover if they don't ask you if you want to be a volunteer and arm you with the dreaded pink guff. :wink:

That might be the best idea. What a cushy job! pickin up dog poo. You might even get a big spread in the shetland times like that guy that "worked" at the dump...turns out he just had nothing better to do.

But seriously...i know what you're speaking about. it's not great and its actually quite crap when you think about it. Not the sweetest smelling stuff. Maybe we could just feed our dogs strawberries...in which case they would come out pink anyway and smelling lovely ?

But seriously...i know what you're speaking about. it's not great and its actually quite crap when you think about it. Not the sweetest smelling stuff. Maybe we could just feed our dogs strawberries...in which case they would come out pink anyway and smelling lovely ?

Noooo, lots of dogs are allergic to strawberries!