Shetland fitba' results

Marooned in Maywick

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No actually yell lost 4-3.

matthew saunders missin was evened as spurs were without james johnson.

And what about Yell missing Lee Jamieson, Neil Petrie, Brian Henderson etc etc...? They're equally as important to Yell as James Johnson is to Spurs. I hear it was a spirited, hard-fought game against Spurs, their last two goals coming in the final 10 minutes; the winner a debatable penalty.

I have to say the Yell keeper performed very well in the first half, but may be a little disappointed with the second half performance.

I think the Yell performance was very good, when I saw them I thought it was an under 18 team playing and did fear for them! Although there were one or two 'older' players on show.

Just shows what you can do if you put in the effort - and this was against a team that have started the season on fire.

Good luck to Yell and the rest of the 'promoted' teams

No actually yell lost 4-3.

matthew saunders missin was evened as spurs were without james johnson.

And what about Yell missing Lee Jamieson, Neil Petrie, Brian Henderson etc etc...? They're equally as important to Yell as James Johnson is to Spurs. I hear it was a spirited, hard-fought game against Spurs, their last two goals coming in the final 10 minutes; the winner a debatable penalty.

And deesel spency7, don't undersell yourself!

It was a very soft penalty indeed BTW.

Good luck to Yell and the rest of the 'promoted' teams

That is the key point. The younger players from all these clubs will benefit immensely from playing in the senior league, they are not out of their depth in most cases. Keep at it, Shetland football needs community clubs like Ness United, Whitedale and the northern isles to come ahead. Unst and Yell are doing well to compete now and should be shown every encouragement.

BTW, is a Northern Rovers B team only a possibility?

Because perhaps the two isles could maintain three teams?

The two A league sides and a reserve side serving both to give fringe players a game, no?

Good idea Wheesht, but I think current association rules would only allow for this to happen if there were to be a Northern Rovers A and B, since you're only allowed to play for one club in both leagues. I could be wrong, but I doubt Northern Rovers would be made a special case.

We all know where I stand on this issue, so I think I'll just end this reply........here.