Shetland Independent Newsletter

righter

I can't believe this Muckle Poll thing.

Surely adverts posted Chris Hodge style™ on road signs are unnecessary when the newsletter is delivered to every home?

Only 168 people voted against the windfarms. I never knew they were so popular! :twisted:

Has anyone heard where the "missing" money these poor souls "voted with" goes yet?

Seriously - is it democracy when you have to pay for it?

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where does this guy get off? A Cave Man diet indeed! I'm sure he's about as qualified as a Neanderthal to propose such rubbish. He's got a fat gut too, I know this because I've seen him before. As for his website service all I can say is Charlatan. Get a grip. In fact, go and get lost in the sea again. Plank.

Still, for all of this rubbish he is the funniest thing in Shetland at the moment. In fact, let's make a statue of him up one of the lanes for drunk people to pee on. Nut.

I hope something works better than his alleged "delivered to every house" claim. #1 I saw online, but never got the hardcopy, #2 actually arrived :shock:, #3, nothing delivered, and so far I haven't been arsed to see if it's even online....

I know my place looks like a total dive tucked away in the corner of the local ghetto, so maybe his delivery folks mistook it for a shed :roll: , but strangely enough politicians at election time, sundry evangelists, other leaflet deliverers, random salesmen etc all seem to have no issue with identifying. :?:

This is not a complaint by the way, just a statement of fact, I am absoultely delighted with ever one that is undelivered, makes my bruckie bag going out that little lighter to carry.

'Caveman Eating'. A page-long 'advertorial' advertising the Cave Man Diet.

You can definitely lose pounds with this diet - £60pa if you're a sucker outwith Shetland and £30pa if you're a local sucker. There's no indication of how long it takes to impart this knowledge which has a monthly fee.

Having just read the (ahem) article I can confirm (never doubted it!) it states the diet is free for Shetland folk. Yet, when you go to the site, it's £2.50 per month. This must surely break some trading standards laws and carry some hefty penalty like life imprisonment?

The Caveman diet? Surely that involves a lot of running and hunting in order to get your meat, or hours of toil gathering fruit and berries; always getting not quite enough to feel full, but enough to survive. I.e. a higher ratio of exercise to food.

/DRTFA

A 21st Century Caveman Diet is going to have to be a rather laclustre replica of the original, it's not like there are many Wooly Mammoths or Petrodactyls hanging around these days to bonk over the head with yer club and drag home for the Menu. Unless of course Mr Hill is in league with a breeding program somwhere, and they have herds of them to release on to an unsuspecting populace

The Caveman diet? Surely that involves a lot of running and hunting in order to get your meat, or hours of toil gathering fruit and berries; always getting not quite enough to feel full, but enough to survive. I.e. a higher ratio of exercise to food.

/DRTFA

Fjool's Four Word Diet: "Eat Less, Exercise More".

If only you had the cheek to charge £2.50 a month for it :)

Guest Anonymous

Whilst i dont agree to with some of the articles in the independant . I alalso dont agree to some things in a lot of different publications.

Fair play to him i say , he's doing no real harm , if you dont like it , use it to light the fire or shred for bedding for the hamster instead of giving him a hard time . I worked with the man briefly in the past and he was a friendly and lightsome dude .

That he came to shetland in a unique way from probably everyone else in this day and age , leads me to have a bit of admiration and respect for the old nut.

And the article on calling for debate on how shetland could be more self sufficient was actually quite good considering the current raging debates on climate change and it's causes.

Three Cheers for Captain Calamity !!!

Having just read the (ahem) article I can confirm (never doubted it!) it states the diet is free for Shetland folk. Yet, when you go to the site, it's £2.50 per month. This must surely break some trading standards laws and carry some hefty penalty like life imprisonment?

Article 7.1 of the CAP Advertising code states:

TRUTHFULNESS

7.1 No marketing communication should mislead, or be likely to mislead, by inaccuracy, ambiguity, exaggeration, omission or otherwise.

And here's how you can make a complaint with Advertising Standards, very simply...

http://www.asa.org.uk/asa/how_to_complain/complaints_form/

/DRTFA

Close enough:

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/8449/050113cavemandietxoe9.gif