Shetland Independent Newsletter

righter

If you don't like it don't read it. It would only take 10 seconds to put it in the bin.

It only takes me 5 seconds now that the postie has started lumping it together with the other cr@p that come through my door. I thought the lastest Sommerfield special offers flyer was unusually think, until the newsletter fell out of it into the bin!

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's really funny to watch the debate from outside ... ;-)

That's just what folks like Mr Hill do expect: to be a focal point of interest and discussion.

If you don't like the Newsletter bring it to the next shop, company or any other advertiser and tell them that you don't want to be molested by this kind of advertisement and ask them to send it back ...

The same should be applied to any other of his "publications" like the blogs ... just ignore it.

... and for the rest: stopp discussion and ignore any further comments. That's the only thing such folks can't stand or survive.

We have a stalker who does the exact same thing.

Thank you stalker for that lovely free sample of Tena for Men, that's just what I needed.

Dont mention it, I buy them in bulk and have crates to spare.

Glad you liked them, I may give some out to all my stalking victims now. :D

Unimpressed !!! 2nd best !! :cry: :cry:

• 4 weeks later...

I think ... (several colourful thoughts. *** Mod ***)

Admin - Terms & Conditions[/url]"]1. You agree, through your use of the Shetlink website, that you will not post (or hyperlink to) any material or use language which is defamatory, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, inciting of violence, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or in violation of ANY UK law. Personal attacks, inflammatory posts, harrassment, impersonation and trolling will not be tolerated.

The problem with the independant is that it has the potential to become a platform for the crazy to be vented, as we have seen with Scottie Dyble's crazy comments about not letting gay men adopt, which he entirely bases on the Bible pretty much.

'Hey Scottie, what if you don't believe in God, doesn't that shut down your arguement?'

'No, you're going to hell'.

Okay, got it.

It has the potential to be good. It is pretty good of Stuart to give it out for free like, he does do quite a bit of work for it. Always good to have various media outlets.

The problem with the independant is that it has the potential to become a platform for the crazy to be vented, as we have seen with Scottie Dyble's crazy comments about not letting gay men adopt, which he entirely bases on the Bible pretty much.

'

Wrong..

The problem with the independant is that the paper is to stiff for the only thing I can think it's useful for.

As for giving "crazy's" a voice. Why not?

I have not read Scotty's comments but if he thinks, for whatever reason, that gay men should not be allowed to adopt, he's entitled to his opinion and he's entitled to make it known.

You might also find that quite a number of not so crazy people hold the same view and are afraid to voice it.

Anyway, if it does become a platform for the crazy, you can bet that it will probably disappear as it's advertising revenue dries up.

'Hey Scottie, what if you don't believe in God, doesn't that shut down your arguement?'

'No, you're going to hell'.

I never ceases to amaze how some religious people perceive this as being an actual threat to us non-believers. Considering the concept and existence of Hell is purely reliant upon said religion, makes it become an entirely null and void utterance to us who have no belief. It has all the meance of telling someone they're going to Rock #88344421 of Planet EOFHWEG.

• 3 weeks later...

When the first issue of Shetland Independent News dropped through my letter box, I thought 'Whit is dis rubbish?'

Now, I kind of feel a bit sorry for the whole thing. I agree with other comments posted that it does seem to be a bit of platform for Stuart Hill's opinions and the whole thing is rather poorly produced.

Overall, the idea is laudable, but it seems to me to be a typical case of a good idea that could be done so much better. It would not need too much tweaking to improve the magazine either, print quality is probably just a question of adjustments rather than any massive investment.

The editorial content could really benefit from just that, a little bit of constructive editing and perhaps some input from one or two with some journalistic experience. This would help to 'tighten up' the whole publication and make it more balanced in content and tone.

I too did wonder about the so called 'medical advice' in the first issue. You are treading on very dodgy ground writing about these sorts of subjects in any publication regardless of whether it is Shetland Independent News or the British Medical Journal, without an awful lot of research and knowledge to back up whatever you are saying.

Anyway, I'll be interested to see how the 'News' gets along... Um nae haddin' ma breath mind'

[/u]